BA mess in Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
British Airways sure has mess on their hands here. Yesterday afternoon they had a B744 flying from LHR to MEX that had to make an emergency landing here at MSP due to an electrical burning odor in the cockpit. Those passengers spent the night here in Minneapolis and were told they could check in this morning at 9:00 for a noon departure. They've had Delta's mechanics working on it but couldn't get the plane fixed so it's still grounded. Now these passengers have been stuck here over 24 hours. Now they've cancelled a flight from ORD to LHR and sent that 744 here to MSP to take these passengers to MEX. Meanwhile yesterday's return flight from MEX to LHR had to be cancelled because they didn't have a plane. So now we have two BA 744s here at MSP and they don't even have service here. The local avgeeks are loving this, but man do I feel for these passengers. Sounds like they'll be able to board and get out of here soon.

Can a 777-300 take them to their destination ?

I love flying but hate all the [censored] necessary to get from point A to B.

Seems to me that Flying these days is made intentionally painful.

(Insert conspiracy theory about how the powers at hand want us to stay in place here.)

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
Seems to me that Flying these days is made intentionally painful.

(Insert conspiracy theory about how the powers at hand want us to stay in place here.)

It isn't. The media just LOVES focusing on any little hiccup. There are literally thousands of flights every day in this country that are completely uneventful.

(full disclosure, I fly every week for work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back