Gasoline in Zanesville Ohio 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1O

Been reading this area on bitog for the last week or so and have found a lot of good info and some really strong opinions on stuff. So I thought I would post about my small to medium size town. We have every major brand of gas sold here. Shell,Exxon,BP Sunoco and lower tier in speedway Kroger and sam's club. Outside of the lower tier stations all are independently owned. Regular unleaded sells for 1.86 to 1.89 wherever you go. The split between plus and premium is .20 cent and .40 cent over regular unleaded respectively. All stations are within a cent or two no matter what gas u buy. All gas as far as I know is an E10 blend here. E0 gas hasn't been sold here for over 10 years. There are are only two E85 pumps here one at Kroger and one at Sams club. What I have noticed since I moved here 5 years ago is the gas market in this town is pretty stable. There is not a lot of fluctuations in the market for gas. Everyone goes up and everyone goes down at the same time. The caevt to this is the Exxon and Shell stations right by I-70 going east and west. They are consistently 5 to ten cents cheaper and there price doesn't change that much. While the stations in town yo-yo up and down they stay the same. Over the last month it has been as low as 1.69 and as high as 1.99. Those two stations have been a 1.86 the whole time. What is it like where you are at? To close I wish sohio gas was still around best gas ever.It had ice guard in it
whistle.gif

I know that market pretty well, I used to live and work in Cambridge.
That is about the norm for at least the central tier of the state.
Used to be the guy that owned the Starfire stations, set the price in that area. Don't know if that is the case or not, since I left the area in 1993.
I'm north of Columbus and that describes our area, with the exception of our gas went as low as $1.66. In addition, I went by one of the local Sam's, and the spread between 87 and 93 was 50 cents. Costco is a 40 cent spread.

Starfire gas stations are no more all bought and branded shell now. A guy just opened up a gulf station in the hood out here and he has been open for a month and I don't know where he gets his gas from. The two by the interstate get the gas from shell and Exxon trucks

It's probably been 45+ years since I've been to Zanesville. We lived in Marietta for a short time, and I remember Ashland, Sohio, Boron, and I think Esso stations.

Your gas prices are about $1.00 cheaper than the prices in San Diego.

Central Indiana - Crawfordsville where I work gas was $1.31 early in the week and jumped to $1.99 on Tuesday. No real reason but they were much lower than surrounding Indianapolis area which was about $1.69.

A10 is Tom's ice cream bowl still in business? Was one of my favorite haunts back in the 1950's.

Smoky the ex-buckeye

Heck yeah tom's ice cream bowl is still going strong best place in Zanesville to get a shake a sundae and fresh roasted nuts of any kind. Got great food too.

ahh, zanesville...we lived there for a short time in the early 80's. before i was young enough to remember really.... dad was management at Rinks, and we moved around a lot during my siblings formative years...(sometimes as often as 6 months at a town.) I know he managed the Cambridge store at one point...

the only thing i remember is a yellow house at the top of a steep hill..

and throughout my child hood, is my room/play area was a mess, dad would start yelling that it Looked like "Pexidition".

at least that's what it sounded like to me, come to find out he meant "Peck's Addition" which i guess was a lower class/hillbillied up area of zanesville. or so i've heard. (at any rate it didn't meet Dad's Standards...)

but as i said i was too young to have any real memories of the area...(Born Aug '79 in Dayton, my first real memory is from 1983, waking up in the theater during "Return of the Jedi" but we had already Moved back to Lima by then...)

Last edited:
Great prices. I filled up yesterday at $1.95. Today I passed a station that was at $1.87 . I pass through Ohio twice a year on my way to central Mi. I worked in Toledo for 17 years. Moved down here in 81.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
Central Indiana - Crawfordsville where I work gas was $1.31 early in the week and jumped to $1.99 on Tuesday. No real reason but they were much lower than surrounding Indianapolis area which was about $1.69.

Spk - the only reason it did not stay at that price Tuesday is because they knew I was cruising by there on Friday headed to central Illinois.

When I cruised back and stopped in Brownsburg Monday, it was $1.99.

So, I chose to stop at Big Red Liquor and Starbucks, instead.

In that order.

I was briefly in Zanesville back in the summer to do with the hospital changeover. There was a good restaurant down in the older part of town that we enjoyed a few times, other than that I found there wasn't a whole heck of a lot to do.

Originally Posted By: A1O
Starfire gas stations are no more all bought and branded shell now. A guy just opened up a gulf station in the hood out here and he has been open for a month and I don't know where he gets his gas from. The two by the interstate get the gas from shell and Exxon trucks

I'm glad to see more shells in the area. Nitro+ FTW. I'm also from zanesville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back