Finally got my deer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into a deer (a small one) returning from a road trip few days ago.
The front fender, grill is all smashed out, luckily the condenser was not touched, will be taking it to body shop.

There was no way I could have avoided the deer, what was more scary was after killing one, I was starting at a big deer 5 miles from where I ran into one. I honked to get its attention and it went away.

The others on the road were going way to fast and avoiding the deers, I am sure they had whistles and what not to get the deers attention.

I spend a few hours cleaning the undercarriage of blood and tissues, make me sick.!!!

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
I hate deer. I have not hit one yet, but have come within inches of them about 20 times. My off road lights on the Jeep that are tied into my high beams have saved me probably thousands of dollars in damage because they light up the sides of the road. I usually see them right as they begin to dart into the road.

Friends and family have not been so lucky. One friend has been hit by 3 deer on the same side of his vehicle. Each one ran into the side of his vehicle, one while he was stopped at a stop sign.

It is only getting worse around here since there are less people hunting with the whole "save the animals" group who believes it is better for them to starve than to get shot. With a lot of the suburban areas containing gardens and things that attract them, they are less afraid of people. I find that I am seeing more and more of them during the day.

If there's more deer now they weren't exactly starving, were they?

But hunting for food and pest control is certainly better than what you have now.

It really depends on the winter. If we have a rough winter, you can bet the overpopulation becomes a problem. Disease and hunger kill off some of them. Starvation isn't a problem in most areas now because of people feeding them.

Yeah, we killed off all their natural predators, but introducing wolves and mountain lions back into the community probably isn't the best idea either.

I'm in PA too. I've hit or been hit by 4 with my Accord over the years. How close are you to Centralia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back