New tires on my Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got new tires yesterday. I was dead set on the Michelin Pilot Super Sports but ended up with Pirelli P-Zeros. I got a smoking deal on the Pirellis. They were $192ea and with alignment ended up being $1007.48 OTD. There is a $140 rebate which I already applied for. Date codes were 0115 or 0215, which wasn't bad considering I ordered these on a super deal through one of our suppliers back in July.

So far I am really happy with them. This was the factory fit tire on the Track Pack cars and the replacement seems to be better. I got 21,553 miles on the factory tires which seems to be a lot more than most people get. Road noise is a lot quieter.

I have been thinking that depending on how big my tax return is of getting a second set of wheels, they are around $900 with sensors from FRPP and putting the Pilot Sports on those.

Nothing wrong with P Zeros; I tend to gravitate to Dunlop, Michelin or Pirelli tires- depending on the application.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
General don't make a tire to fit your Mustang ?

Anything decent was moved from General to Continental. I really wanted the Pilot Super Sports because I absolutely loved them on my S60R. However the price of the Pirellis swayed me. This was the first time I actually ever bought a tire for a car I owned that wasn't a Michelin Pilot Sport of some variety.

After driving it today for a bit, i need to take it back in and have the alignment redone. The steering wheel is just a bit to the left on the freeway, enough to drive me crazy. It does drive a lot better overall.

Pirelli was once a major player in the US, disappeared for a while, and now under Chinese ownership may be making a comeback.

I put Nittos NT05s on my 2015 GT,19s as well
Car handles much better ..Supercharger goes in next week
WOOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back