I need a longer oil filter than my XG10060

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title explains, I would like a longer filter than the Fram Ultra XG10060 (AC Delco PF48E, Mobil M1-113, etc..) for my application. Not because I want extra filtration or anything like that. I would like a longer filter because the current filter size is very difficult to get to since it's tucked in between the exhaust and oil pan.
A longer filter would be much easier to get to and still wouldn't be susceptible to road damage. Any ideas?

I have run PF63 for the PF48 I would not run E in any version. I still find the non E version at my WM.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
As the title explains, I would like a longer filter than the Fram Ultra XG10060 (AC Delco PF48E, Mobil M1-113, etc..) for my application. Not because I want extra filtration or anything like that. I would like a longer filter because the current filter size is very difficult to get to since it's tucked in between the exhaust and oil pan.
A longer filter would be much easier to get to and still wouldn't be susceptible to road damage. Any ideas?

I feel your pain as I have the same truck. I found a small oil filter wrench that fits the filter well and it works like a charm.

It takes it off quick and easy and I usually use the wrench when i install it as there isn't much area to grip it for a hand tighten. Just be careful not to over tighten with the tool.

Your local parts house should have a wrench that will fit the filter for about ~$10 or so. A great investment. I took a PF48E over to the filter wrench section and found the smallest one that still fit it well. Works Great! I think i got mine at Orielly's. AAP or autozone should have them as well.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, thanks people.

So it looks like PF63 types to include XG10575 will work. Nyogtha, I think the O.D. of the XG2 @ 3.656 will be too wide to snuggle up next to the oil pan but I would have to take a look.

thanks for the help everyone

Originally Posted By: MedicRxDoc
PF63 (and it's equivalents) would be the same threads and diameter, but a slightly different bypass PSI.

The pf48 and pf63 have the same bypass setting. They are identical except for length. The pf63 is also very similar to Ford speced filter so some of those filters might have different bypass settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back