Twighlight Zone Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tuned into the SyFy channel and it looks like their running all 156 episodes ever made back-to-back. Pretty cool seeing the originals again, cool memories.

Saw that too. Will catch a few that maybe I haven't seen.

tumblr_m6nv08zECR1r5vpqso1_500.gif

Great!

Only other show that can upstage TZ is the original "Outer Limits"!

.....For those of you who don't know what The Outer Limits is, here's the intro.....

Originally Posted By: Turk
Great!

Only other show that can upstage TZ is the original "Outer Limits"!

Yes...also a very good old Sci-Fi show. When I was a young kid....and all of the episodes of Outer Limits and Twilite Zone were fresh to me, I was mesmerized that TV shows like this even existed. I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of both shows at least three times over.
Great shows!

Hello, On systems near NYC WLIW (ch.21, a Long Island station) is running all 7 seasons of The Odd Couple over New Year's. That's a great show too.

I think Jack Klugman and Tony Randal did a better job with the TV show than Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau did with the movie.

HNY, KIra

Regarding Twilight Zone, I'm ancient enough to dimly recall seeing the original broadcasts of "Eye of the Beholder" and the story with Lois Nettleton in which the Earth is slowly coming closer to the sun. I've been checking out the episodes the last few days, and the surprise endings in some cases (in the eps I'd never seen, that is) are sort of predictable. But they were probably "Wow" surprises when they were new. One story, written by Serling himself, with Inger Stevens startled me: It looked like it had been shot on videotape, like a soap opera, rather than on film.

As for the 1970s Odd Couple, I still recall great moments from it. Randall's Felix was a little more of a caricature, more prissy, than Lemmon's (or, I'd guess, that of the stage original, Art Carney). But funny!

Murray (the sheep-faced cop, over lunch with Oscar, as they discuss Felix's ex-wife): "Yeah, I know. Before my wife met me, she dated some real dogs."
Oscar (deadpan): "Eat, Murray. Eat."

Felix (as Oscar is about to toss Felix's parrot, whom they think has passed on, down the incinerator chute): "Wait! Shouldn't we say something?"
Oscar (who has always hated the bird): "Look out below!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back