'00 Town Car Interesting Blend 4.9k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. This is my first UOA ever. I bought this car when it was at 99.9k. Had been changing the oil every 3.5-5k depending on the oil. Owners manual recommends 5w-30. I would usually burn 2-3 quarts between OCI. I was recommended Lucas oil stabilizer (This was before BITOG). No leaks or anything. I noticed oil around the PCV around 129k and put in a new PCV grommet. Hopefully that was the cause of why I was doing top-offs. No more oil around there anymore. PCV is in good working order.

The sump takes 6 quarts.
OCI start: 124.7k
OCI end: 129.6k

Started with 5 quarts of Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic Blend 10w-40 and 1 quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer. At around 127k I added 1 quart of SuperTech 10w-30 dino. At 129k I added 1 quart of MMO (to start the engine cleaning of the Lucas).

The new OCI consists of 6 quarts of PUP 10w-30. I'm currently at 130.1k and the dipstick is still at max. Hopefully it will stay like this throughout the OCI. Still too early to tell though.

The #'s look fine on that relatively short run. MaxLife blend is all you need - save your money on those expensive additives.

Look at your zinc and phosphorus. See how is probably 200ppm low? Thats due to the lucas diluting your add pack. Drop the lucas. It only thickens the oil and has no additives so it dilutes everthing else.

Yup, already dropped the lucas. The sump is all PUP and I have 10w-40 MS5KHM in case it still ends up burning oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back