Our new 2016 Honda Civic LX - 6 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud_One

Site Donor 2022
Well after 13 years with the same vehicle, I finally purchased my wife a new car.
After much research and her requesting that it must have a manual transmission ,we agreed on this car.
Cosmic Blue Metallic.
The only one with a manual trans in the Houston area.
It's the 2.0 NA base motor (K20?), but it scoots.
I'm impressed and she loves it.
0W20 oil per manual - so synthetic all the way.

I like the color. Im not sure what to make of the rest of the car since its just my opinion.

Never thought the day would ever come to say this but, that Civic looks "big".

Oh and congrats! Buying a new car is still a big deal with me. Unlike some people who trade/turn in every 2-3 years!

You made, IMO, the best choice. LX is the only model with a manual transmission and a sweet NA engine. The turbo models come with CVT.

Originally Posted By: stower17
Oh and congrats! Buying a new car is still a big deal with me. Unlike some people who trade/turn in every 2-3 years!

Me too. The last new car I bought was my 2004 S2000 in November 2003.

I will probably buy a new car in 2007-2008.

It looks bigger than 1986 Accord.

Last edited:
I like that color. I'll have to head to the Honda dealer on Friday and see it in the daylight, in person.

Nice car and nice color! From what I've read Honda benchmarked the Audi A3, especially on the chassis side, and was able to meet their targets. I haven't driven one yet but many who have seem to indicate that it is extremely composed and drives like a more expensive car.

Luvit...the stick of course....same power, 600lbs lighter...sweet...
It's nearly as big as my 2005 Camry...6" shorter (so a bit smaller trunk than the cavernous Camry boot), but inside it's only a couple inches shy, mostly in the rear due more of 'coupe' styling...guess I'll have to look into the '16 when they're getting closed out next year.
compared here.
http://www.cars.com/go/compare/trimCompare.jsp?acodes=USB50TOC021A0,USC60HOC021A0

Last edited:
Congratulations.

Great choice going with the stick.
thumbsup2.gif

Both driven here: Touring 1.5T CVT / LX 2.0L manual shift.

https://youtu.be/jFMj5gzeqLQ

No doubt about it for me (not having driven either but listening to the drive train), the 2.0 with manual shift would be my choice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back