Taking inside driver door off 2010 CRV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a quick search. Found one guy that posted a PDF but it wasn't complete. I don't see any bolds that keep it on, other than maybe one inside the inside door handle/opener. Does it just pull off? I'm replacing side-view mirror and need to connect it which requires pulling off the inside door cover. Thanks

I'm not familiar with the CRV, but this applies to just about any car:
Door panels are held on mostly by clips. You take a panel removal tool (kind of looks like a thin crowbar. You can use a flathead screwdriver if you're careful), stick it between the door and the panel, and gently pry it loose. There should be some screws holding the panel on though, especially near the handle, so look carefully and make sure they're all removed before trying to pry the panel off. They might be hidden behind some trim pieces. If it feels like a section of the panel is "stuck" to the door, there's probably a hidden screw in that area that you missed. You might have to remove the panel that has all the window and lock buttons first and there might be a screw underneath that panel. You also might have to remove the inside door handle before removing the whole panel.

Some panels are held in by hooks. Instead of prying the panel away from the door, you lift the panel straight up, which releases the hooks. Most of them have the clips that you pry loose though.

Thank you both!
11.gif

I'm sure similar to a Civic. Buy the panel tools for $10. Definitely worth it. They're a pain but easy. You'll swear at least 100 times. There's usually some trick to get it around the door handle or speakers. Like spin it twice right, tap it once, kick it, spin it left four times, jump up and down, scream at it, then it will magically get around the door handle. If you're like me you'll get frustrated and just cut it apart because the car is 15 years old LOL It's really not bad but watch a YouTube. There's always a trick to make life easier with some of the clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back