California gas price increases everyday !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last week or so we had gas price increase few pennies a day everyday. It was $2.70/gal 10 days ago and it is $3.05/gal now. Most stations in my area is more than $3.20/gal

A week or so ago California average was about 70 cents higher than national average, which is within range(35c to 75c higher) for the last 4-5 years, now it is $1 more than national average.

Usually Costco in Orange County has about 15-20 cents difference from lowest in North County to highest in South County, 2 days ago the price difference was 43 cents.

What is going on with California gas price ?

I don't know the actual water rate the last few months, but I paid more(about 15-20% more) for water even I use 20-25% less than a year ago. They wanted us to use less water but they increased the rate to make up for lower usage.

Uh-oh. Its those evil speculators again.
eek.gif

Calif. is what's going on with Calif. gas prices!

$3.05/ga??? That's just nuts. Elections have consequences.

I filled up at $1.72/ga just last week. It's even lower than that if you look around.

Originally Posted By: Al
Uh-oh. Its those evil speculators again.
eek.gif

That's actually true. Look at what JPMorgan did in the first quarter of 2015 with their otc commodity derivative's positioning, which no doubt included HEAVY oil and energy bets. It's readily viewable at the US Treasury's OCC website. In first qtr JPM increased their positioning 17X from $260 BILL to $4.1 TRILL. How big was that? Well, it was big enough to exceed the previous all time record (total) US market position from 2005 by 4X....from only a single bank! JPM basically cornered the US commodity deriv's market with a 93% stake. For years the market was plodding along at around a $250 BILL total until early this year.

You can be the judge on why they did this, whether it was "necessary," and what it accomplished for them and US taxpayers/shareholders. No bank takes that kind of position change w/o approval from higher ups. The 3rd qtr OCC report showed them reducing that position to $1 TRILL (to match the 2005 market high). Speculation? Undoubtedly.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
$1.60 in here in KC, MO.

Same here and we typically have some of the cheapest prices in the nation due to the offshore rigs near by.

I paid 2.39 about a week ago, now it is 2.45 for a top tier gas. Fifteen miles away it is 10-20 cents cheaper. CA is a big state. It has always been a distribution problem with the pesky mountains and all that. They refine most of the gas in CA and the state tax on gas is higher than most states. Which to me is good. CA pays out more to the US government than it takes back. CA isn't a taker state. The current admin is doing a great job. This will make me very popular here.

was 1.61 about 10 days ago.. then upto 1.99 then 1.93 yesterday

today 1.99 to 2.09

Routinely fluctuates 30-50c a week here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back