Pentosin 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Has anyone experienced the Pentosin pento high performance II oil? I just hit 1500 miles on my 2016 GTI and I want to do a very early oil change. I came across the recommended 5w40 at a local parts store. I was debating on ordering redline 5w40, but I like the fact that this oil is made in Germany. Any suggestions for my specific vehicle? Thank you!

Originally Posted By: mk7vw
Hello. Has anyone experienced the Pentosin pento high performance II oil? I just hit 1500 miles on my 2016 GTI and I want to do a very early oil change. I came across the recommended 5w40 at a local parts store. I was debating on ordering redline 5w40, but I like the fact that this oil is made in Germany. Any suggestions for my specific vehicle? Thank you!

I did. Nothing special, if you had car that need VW 505.01 or if you had diesel that calls for MB 229.51 or BMW -LL04 and you want heavier oil, I would say: go for it.
MUCH better option is Castrol 0W40 or Mobil1 0W40. You have them in local Wal Mart. They are cheaper (price war and low margin), they go $27 for 5qt and very often both are on rollback at $22.
I used exhaustively both oil in my VW CC that I had until this October and in my wife's Tiguan that we are keeping. After many years running M1, GC 0W30 or 0W40, I would give negligible advantage to Castrol 0W40.
If it matters, it is Made in Germany, and unlike Pentosin, it is real full synthetic. That Pentosin you want is sold in Germany as HC oil, which means it is made from Group III base, while Castrol uses Group IV or PAO base.

Thank you.
smile.gif

I just bought 6 quarts of Pentosin 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back