BMW Coolant in a 2003 Jeep Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a 2003 Liberty with the Chrysler coolant that was put in when the heater core was replaced by the dealer. Coolant is a little low and I want to top it off. I have some BMW Coolant that I believe to be a HOAT formulation, which is what Daimler used in Jeeps when they owned them (not sure if Fiat has changed this).

Has anyone mixed these two coolants or know if they are compatible?

Since I have the BMW coolant I would like to use it if it won't create an issue. The BMW coolant is phosphate, amine, & nitrite free but does contain some silicates. I believe it to be compatible but am looking for someone more knowledgeable than I to confirm they are.

G-05 has silicates as well (less than old school green, but still some). The only real issue would be if they'll gel up when mixed like G-05 and dexcool do.

BMW blue is G-48, and is almost chemically equivalent to G-05. Mix without worries. I've put G-05 in plenty of BMW's.

BMW coolant does contain 2-EHA. This is from a fairly new jug of coolant.

Originally Posted By: KenO
Originally Posted By: KB1
BMW has 2-eha. no need for that.

No it doesn't.

Last edited:
Thats terrible. Good thing I don't use BMW branded coolant...The brand we use is Lowe, BMW spec, and we get it from Worldpac. No 2-EH in that, I just checked.

I don't get it, why is that terrible? I've used it for years in my BMW and the inside of the system is pristine. What's the problem?

Thats terrible. Good thing I don't use BMW branded coolant...The brand we use is Lowe, BMW spec, and we get it from Worldpac. No 2-EH in that, I just checked.

The official product for use in BMW (OEM manufacturer) is
Glysantin G-48 which DOES contain 2-Eha.
The product you are using is not the correct formulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back