PYB is a LOT quieter than Castrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on this insane HIGH right now so don't kill my buzz. I just inserted and instilled 1 quart of PYB 10-30 and I am in heaven. This oil has got me reversing my thinking on only using syn blend or full synthetic, I mean it's from the PYB, the non synthetic people but this moly as a FM is simply the best. Plus, I Got thaat GP IV in there with the Valvoline SUNPOWAH!! and like the power of gray skull, he-man and cringer as well as dorko will live immortally forever.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
Fdcg27: I know what you mean on the new oil thing. For me I always note that oil like QSGB and Smittys do like KCJEEP said or seem to stay quieter for whatever reason

I do recall that the last time I used PYB, in a '97 Accord we then had, the engine seemed unusually smooth and quiet.
That's partly the result of the oil being a 10W-40 as compared to the 5W-30 PP I typically used in the car.
The PYB 10W-40 was a leftover from an application we no longer had and I ran it just to use it.
I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and quiet the engine seemed as well as with seeing no decline in fuel economy using this much higher HTHS grade.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: car51
Fdcg27: I know what you mean on the new oil thing. For me I always note that oil like QSGB and Smittys do like KCJEEP said or seem to stay quieter for whatever reason

I do recall that the last time I used PYB, in a '97 Accord we then had, the engine seemed unusually smooth and quiet.
That's partly the result of the oil being a 10W-40 as compared to the 5W-30 PP I typically used in the car.
The PYB 10W-40 was a leftover from an application we no longer had and I ran it just to use it.
I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and quiet the engine seemed as well as with seeing no decline in fuel economy using this much higher HTHS grade.

+1 esp. the FE gains on a high HTHS as well as generally speaking, a high viscosity like a 10-30 or 10-40. I know, 10-30 is still a 30 weight but still, I normally use the 5w-30 or the 5w-20.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 06VtecV6
I am on this insane HIGH right now so don't kill my buzz. I just inserted and instilled 1 quart of PYB 10-30 and I am in heaven. This oil has got me reversing my thinking on only using syn blend or full synthetic, I mean it's from the PYB, the non synthetic people but this moly as a FM is simply the best. Plus, I Got thaat GP IV in there with the Valvoline SUNPOWAH!! and like the power of gray skull, he-man and cringer as well as dorko will live immortally forever.

Dude, you need to do commercials, because I am using what you are using. I want what you got going on there.

Yup...PYB 10w30 is even more quiet in my testing on my Subaru POJ.
Pennzoil High Mileage 10w30 is good as well.

This post absolutely proves you don't know what you're talking about. Troll.

All I'll say is that my brothers friend uses PYB or Formula Shell. Helped him change valve cover gasket on a 4speed, 4cyl 99' accord and the valve train was spotless. Has over 400k on it; 401,455.1 on odometer

Originally Posted By: kschachn
This post absolutely proves you don't know what you're talking about. Troll.

He sounds like GHT IMHO.......
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back