LASD Unintended Discharges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: bsmithwins
......With a Glock the user has to remember to unload before stripping.

That's usually considered a good idea with ANY make of pistol.

I agree 100%. My point is that a good engineer can force the user to do the right thing, instead of relying on the user to do the correct sequence of actions.

LK

Quote:
6 shot revolvers "worked just fine". Should police agencies just stayed with those, since they "worked just fine"? Or evolved with the times with the newer technology available?

Yes. Many police would be well served with a revolver. Along with a pump shotgun and lever action .30-30. Police work REQUIRING tactical style weapons is a myth.

I think a lot of the comments directed at 6 shot double action revolvers, concerns the fact there were not that many accidental discharges over the decades concerning them. They were the mainstay of many police departments for close to, if not over 100 years. And none of them had a safety.

The Glock works on much the same principal. Especially if it's fitted with a "New York" style "police trigger" that raises the pull weight to that of most double action revolvers. All of this relates back to the simply fact, that if you don't want the gun to go bang, DON'T pull the trigger, or allow it to be pulled.

So you put your finger on the trigger of a loaded gun, pull it, and it goes bang? Where's the unintended part?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back