Pennzoil SRT 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Zone clearanced this oil at $2 a bottle. Myself, I have enough of it to change oil for 3 years now. Here is a virgin sample that might help people.

PENNZOILULTRA-032913_zpsd79ac2f7.jpg

I figured it had a good dose of Moly, but it's good to get the actual amount.

A little more Boron would be nice.

Since it's on the lower side of viscosity, I may go back & get more.
smile.gif

Thank you for posting this.

I've seen this UOA before and I believe it's the old formula Pennzoil Ultra. The Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 is also on clearance so I wonder how it compares to this.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
The KV100 is in the 30 range...

Just noticed that as well. Based on this analysis, it should really be called "SRT 0w30"
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
The 5w-40 Euro with all the mfg approvals tests out in the mid to upper 13's.

Do you have a link to this VOA?

The UOA was pulled from the SRT forum specifically about the SRT 0w40. There may be two formulations of that oil, Auto Zone has clearanced two different style SRT bottles. Here is a link for two 2015 Hellcat samples with this SRT specific Pennzoil, I found it posted by the same person who the posted virgin sample.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/second-oil-analysis.8135/

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: 69GTX
The 5w-40 Euro with all the mfg approvals tests out in the mid to upper 13's.

Do you have a link to this VOA?

Thought I did. But can't find one. Was perusing a Hellcat website and those guys are getting back the 1st and 2nd UOA's on their oils. SRT 0w-40 UOA's are running in the mid-11's after only 500-1500 miles. Just an average 30 weight. Copper is out the roof early on.

Hellcat UOA's and VOA's

See bottom of page for similar threads on UOA's. This would support the 2013 VOA of 12.2 vis as being about as good as it gets for Pennz SRT. Maybe there's a reason for the dozens of $2 quarts of SRT being available at Auto Zone. While this is the spec oil for the Hellcat and Challenger SRT's, maybe those guys would be better off with M1 0w-40, or PP Euro 5w-40.

I suspect that the old gray bottle and black label Pennzoil 0W-40 SRT are the same stuff...

I also think the Pennzoil 0W-40 and 5W-40 Euro are the same add pack, just a slight change in viscosity, and that the Ultra is the same as the silver label...

Several other brands offer a 0W-40 and 5W-40 version of their oils, with the 0W-40 being hard to find, Shell Helix, Quaker State, Valvoline Synpower... Same stuff, different bottle / brand?

It would make sense, you could turn in the base oil for manufacturers approval, (MB 229.5 for example), then sell it under many names...

Last edited:
Here is the highest mileage UOA thus far on the SRT 0W40. TBN 5.5 I'd be interested to see how a 6.4 Challenger treats this oil. The Hellcat is low compression/high boost and runs a FAT air fuel ratio to keep the engine safe.

pu_SRT3000.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back