on 8500+ OCI ! topped off only .4 oz of fresh oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
8500 miles on the oil if the engine is in good shape is not a problem what filter were you using?

I am not using an extended use filter cause like I said, I did that oil change at my mechanics shop so had to use his filter. The brand name is 'Pronto' and it falls in the "best from the rest" bucket!

Update: I just added the rest of that quart, the Pennzoil 10-30 conventional famous for the PYB acronym. I am simply blindsided by how well this oil with its extra MOLY reacts to the friction, considered top 5 cardinal sin enemies of engines. Anyone care to name the other 4. The FM of this PYB with its moly is just an amazing concoction!! and btw, I have 48,877 miles and so subtracting the 138591 from that yields 89,714 miles on this OCI!! I really only planned on going 7k-ish but this PYB 10-30 feels like such a superb combo with the orginal Valvoline 5w-30 "synpower" fill which has little to no moly versus this 1-30 PYB which seems like it almost "specializes" in this moly concoction, correct me with better details please. The FMs are excellent cause the car feels more peppy due to reduced friction and the gas needle is almost "stuck" so I am sure I am improving the FE too. This doesn't stall my need to an oil change but this PYB has transformed my late in an OCI performance and I almost am considering using something with moly either in the original fill or as a top off oil!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 06VtecV6
cause I got the oil change done with my main mechanic

I cut that out of the opening post because I see that as a red flag.
Why aren't you doing your own oil changes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back