Need another grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have most of my needs covered. I use Valvoline synpower for most of my grease. I also use Lubrimatic Marine for my boat and all trailers. What I need is a grease for offroad use like dirt bikes, snowmobiles, etc. on their chassis, bearings, etc. I am thinking a moly grease would be best, and as water resistant as possible is best. I am even considering the lubrimatic marine if anyone has tried that.

I was also wondering if anyone had a light grease for ice fishing, tip ups in particular. They make tip up grease, but its very expensive. I grease my tip ups and reels every year, and it probably takes a tube of grease. It turns out to be about $40 in the expensive ice reel and tip up grease. All it needs to do is be very water resistant and work in temps from -40 to 20 degrees. The best I've found is regular nlgi 2 wheel bearing grease thinned out with gun oil. Thanks.

Mystik JT-6 Multi-Purpose Grease #2 best all around grease ive used for offroading and just about everything.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Mystik JT-6 Multi-Purpose Grease #2 best all around grease ive used for offroading and just about everything.

Thanks for the suggestion, but from what I can tell the Lubrimatic marine is better for my applications. I will try and find a moly grease with an aluminum type thickener and see what I find.

Looking over the data of various greases, I am starting to wonder why I don't use the Lubrimatic marine grease for everything. It has better water washout resistance than anything I have seen at 0.4%, it has a timken OK load of 65 lbs which is better than the synpower, and it has a better temperature range too. It feels the same in -20 degrees as it does in 80 degrees, where the syn-power gets awful thick. The Lubrimatic marine is good to 550 degrees, so I think I am just going to start using that in everything. The calcium sulfonate base is compatible with my lithium complex greases, so I am just going to start pumping it in. I guess I answered my own question.

After looking over the data of dozens of greases, I have actually decided to cut down my grease, and only use Lubrimatic Marine on everything from now on. It is NLGI GC/LB rated, according to the data resists water than just about anything else on the market, and I can get it at a hardware store 5 miles from my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back