2016 Chevy Colorado 2.8L diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Production started in September, and last I heard they should be arriving any day now.

I want the GMC pretty badly.

The 3.0L V6 VM Motori in the Ram 1500 would be great in the Colorado.

The 5.0L V8 Cummins in the Nissan Titan would be great in the Ram 1500 (for which it was originally designed).

How about a game of musical engines?

I wonder what the difference in MPGs would be between the 3.0 and the 5.0 engines in the same vehicle. The power difference s quite a bit.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Those are coming to the US market? What's the base model MSRP?

$4k more than a gasser V6.

After buying an early Ram 2500 pickup with the new 6.7L Cummins, I don't think I'll be volunteering to be a guinea pig for any new diesel technology in the future.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Those are coming to the US market? What's the base model MSRP?

Sadly I have to say this, lol but that 2.8L caught my eye. My 2002 Tacoma has been a fun ride and still is but for family is not very good being a extended cab. Brought it new with 8 miles and now 178K is now broken in. I wish I bought the double cab back then.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Production started in September, and last I heard they should be arriving any day now.

I want the GMC pretty badly.

I'm diggin the Chevy modle. For the MSRP price you really can't beat it. 30 mpg estimated...mmmm yeah.

Originally Posted By: Joel_MD
After buying an early Ram 2500 pickup with the new 6.7L Cummins, I don't think I'll be volunteering to be a guinea pig for any new diesel technology in the future.

This 2.8L has been around for about 10 years in other countries. My only concern is the DEF setup. Maybe by now the grimlins have been worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back