QS Advanced Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
They claim this and I have a new EFI Zero Turn on the way that calls for 10w-30 and is anyone using this oil and what are your thoughts. QS info below.
Thanks
Jim

Protects against corrosion and contains acid neutralizing additives to stop combustion acids from corroding your engine
• Meets or exceeds North American warranty requirements for worldwide car manufacturers including European, Japanese and US
• Provides stay in grade viscosity throughout the oil drain period
• Advanced Durability Motor Oil is formulated to meet the fuel economy requirements of the GF-5 Industry standard this brings more fuel economy than the previous standard
• Minimize wear up to 3 times better than standard oils

Quaker State Advanced Durability Motor Oils are formulated to deliver consistent wear and viscosity protection throughout the life of the oil. Independent laboratory tests show that Quaker State Advanced Durability beat industry wear standard with 3X better wear protection. The used oil (standard oil drain, for the vehicle), also pass the Industry Standard. Wear is one of the toughest enemies your engine faces. It can reduce engine life and rob you of power. Advanced Durability Motor Oils are engineered to reduce wear and protect against high temperature and severe service operation.

Is there any variance or advantages of using the 5w-20 QSUD over the 5w-30 during mild temps or moderate climate during the winter in SE texas? Is one viscosity formulation showing better UOAs, per se, than the other? is QSUD have some GRP IV? AFAIK, the Valvoline Synpower is the only non-boutique oil that is "more" confirmed to use GRP IV?!

Last edited:
Hard to say. I use 5w-20 year round here but could easily use 5w-30 as well in my F350.
Here the zero turn suggests 10w-30 as the 5w-30 they say is not good for higher temps. That's from their graphs. As a matter of fact most ZT's are suggesting straight 30 and 40 W as optimal...

i am under the impression that QSUD has better wear properties according to what i have read but does not clean as well as say PP.. It may just be marketing hype but the QSUD makes my engines run quieter than PP it also appears to be blended a little thicker. Of course i could be wrong but it is also cheaper than the PP so it wins in my book as far as quality synthetics that don't break the bank go..

I pretty much stick with synthetics and I question the hype too.
I use Magnatec 5w-20 often but I guess what makes this conventional oil supposedly have so much anti wear properties?

I'd try it in a mower just to see. Interesting. I also note the 10-30 gets the most ad hype too from QS.

I think you're talking about Ultimate Durability instead.
This AD is conventional oil.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i am under the impression that QSUD has better wear properties according to what i have read but does not clean as well as say PP.. It may just be marketing hype but the QSUD makes my engines run quieter than PP it also appears to be blended a little thicker. Of course i could be wrong but it is also cheaper than the PP so it wins in my book as far as quality synthetics that don't break the bank go..

LOL I was talking about the QSUD.. But it may be the same with the QSAD but i don't know for sure... It would be a good question for the company if it was not asked already... Either way its a good oil.

As a result of another thread where members seemed to say good things about QSAD, I decided to replace the factory fill on my new Forester with it. I'd say it runs about the same as the factory fill. I think it idles a bit better but honestly may be about the same.

As long as Walmart stocks it and the price remains low relative to other oils, I will use it. It meets the specs in the owners manual.

I'm not convinced that one oil is any better than the other, so why not use the least expensive oil that meets specs.

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddy345
Not another QS thread. Sigh.

Are you going to offer anything useful or are you just going to continue waste of oxygen? Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back