TCW3/how often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
91 Chev K1500, 4.3 V6, 90k miles. I use E10 fuel because it is the cheapest. Vehicle was/ is a short tripper. Vehicle was purchased by my employer in 1995 with 56k miles. Took this long to reach 90k. Oil was changed every 1200 to 1500 miles. I've oened it since April or May, so I' ve put 5k miles on since then. Vehicle is a DD, sees short trips of about 2 miles to work, and a few other dailey errands. How often is too often to use TCW3 in the fuel? Vehicle has throttle body injection, if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
What are you trying to achieve with the 2 stroke oil? Are you looking for more mpg, or worried about buildups, or ___?

There have been threads about this, I think in the additives sub-forum, which might have the answers you are looking for.

Your Truck has lasted 25 years, and now you want to add 2-stoke oil to the gas? What do you hope to achieve? Save your money and forget this internet scam

It's used as a upper cylinder lubricant I believe. Never used this but I use MMO of that purpose. Say what you like but I went from 3-4 cranks each morning to first try for a good year now.

UCL and fuel pump lubricity. Also to clean valves. Although 1k to1.5k miles per yr doesnt seem like a lot, the vehicle was used around the campus of a 100 acre school campus. The trips were VERY short, with little to no warm up. TCW3 falls under the category of helpful/hopeful maintenance. It cant hurt, maybe it will help.

Pretty sure on this vintage fuel pump failure is simply a fact of life. It's 20 years old after all.

Your money, your call.

Originally Posted By: otis24
UCL and fuel pump lubricity. Also to clean valves. Although 1k to1.5k miles per yr doesnt seem like a lot, the vehicle was used around the campus of a 100 acre school campus. The trips were VERY short, with little to no warm up. TCW3 falls under the category of helpful/hopeful maintenance. It cant hurt, maybe it will help.

What exactly is it lubing in the UC and the fuel pump that isn't already being lubed?

And how do you know it's cleaning the valves?

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Thinking of you, Sarge

Well I appreciate that. Still have Oprah in the garage. She only has 14K on her. Still good as new
smile.gif

I pretty much retired from the interweb thing.

I run TCW-3 in all my 4strokes, just pulled the plugs in my Yamaha Vector sled and they looked perfect, three seasons on the Rincon and Rubicon, close to 50k straight in the Highlander...all good, trouble free.

Use it in all of my diesels and GDI.

The machining specs for the diesel injectors are ridiculously strict. I do everything I can to help them out.

Is it helping my GDI cars? Who knows. Isn't hurting them.

I have used it for a few years now for my outdoor power equipment. The only fuel available in my area is E10. I have had no, Zero issues with my 12 year old 700+ hours Cub cadet rider and for my 1977 Ahrens snow blower. Some years I have done nothing to set up for the summer/winter storage, the following season, they start right up. No problems with "gum-ups" or deteriorating fuel line. I will disclose that the beginning of each season, I add a "fair amount" of seafoam or Berrymens to the first fuel up. Does that skew my results? don't know, but, I'm not into rebuilding OPE carbs every couple of years.

I tried to use in in my performance tuned supercharged Buick with many after marked parts and a tuner program (HPTuner). I saw no real difference in performance or MPG in that car. Many tank fulls.
I have used the formula 1-ounce per 5 gallons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back