hooking up DRL 1994 DAKOTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have purchased a few cheap LED Daylight Running Lights from e-bay. Now I need to find a place to tap in electrically to a "on when the ignition is on" so car lights are ON when the car is running. I may use 2 sets, which would be 36 LED'S, not sure of current draw yet, shows 18 watt on box. Instruction sheet shows tapping the fuel pump relay socket. this is 1994 Dodge Dakota v6, AT, non working A/C, 70 amp alternator, thinking of skipping a relay because of low current draw. I redid the front end so I could install Hella euro H4 to replace the awful Aero / 9004 headlight combo. A lot of work! Much better light, though. Doing that made me think of the LED daylight lights. Contact points? Thanks.

I don't know what to tap, but IMO I'd put in a relay. That way I could hook up stuff later to switched 13.8V. Maybe some cig sockets for iPod charger, gps, etc. Stuff that I would want off if not running. In which case the fuel pump relay might good enough as any, to get a switched +13.8V. Then find someplace else to draw a few amps from (maybe direct to the battery), using appropriate fuses etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back