a Good non electric can opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.
Ive gone through my fifth can opener in 4 months.
Ive tried everything from 1$ dollartree specials to 15$ walmart specials.
All bend eventually and no longer do their job.

Im tired of having to whip out my stash of surplus P38s and P51s

Any recommendations?
Im pretty fed up. Im about to open this can of soup with my exhaust cutter

I feel your pain.
I found an old USA kitchen can opener in my shop the other day!
Made a great anniversary present for the wife .

HamiltonBeach 76606---best powered opener we've ever had. It takes the entire top off and rolls the sharp edges, not just hacks out the lid. It is so good it could be German.
smile.gif
Top hacking openers produce little slivers which can end up in the food. This one doesn't. The motor has a lot of torque and it opens cans with dented rims.

Last edited:
Swing-A-Way 407BK Portable Can Opener, Black This is a good one too as long as you get a good one at the beginning, but now made in China. Has to be kept clean and dry, or the blades will rust.

EZ-DUZ-IT 3028 Deluxe Can Opener with Grips, Black This is made in the USA on the same machinery that the Swing-A-Way use to be made on before manufacturing moved to China.

Zyliss Lock N' Lift Manual Can Opener with Lid Lifter Magnet, White I own this one, and it is my favorite. Easy to keep clean, and it does not rust. Cheapest price I have ever seen on it too because they are normally about $15.00.

I own the Zyliss and the China made Swing-A-Way, and both have been working really good. I like the Zyliss better because it can get wet and not rust. The Swing-A-Way has to be kept clean and dry and can rust. I don't own the EZ-DUZ-IT, but you can see it gets a lot of good reviews.

Another vote for the OXO. The one I have looks different from the picture. It looks like a normal can opener, but it's the type that cuts the can from the side along the glue and doesn't leave a sharp edge. It was inexpensive @ Target too.

Ordered the Gangy.
Something thats not going to bend when I "clamp it" to the can and not puncture.

I tend to stay away from the "inside lip can openers" due to Issues I had in culinary school of them taking forever to finally open a can after years of use. Those were No 10 cans too though.

For now, this P38 i drilled to this wooden spoon will work in the meantime. And as a backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back