Burglary suspect in Florida lake, gator eats him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
Darwin Award recipient.

For sure, sadly the gator paid the price too.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: Trav
Stupidity by all parties on this one and the alligator paid the price for it.

The only stupidity I see is on behalf of the dumb burglar who jumped into the water. The cops and gator trapper were doing their JOB! You can't leave a known man-eater out in the wild. That goes for sharks, lions, leopards, black bears, brown bears, whatever else eats man.

An alligator is a living prehistoric reptile, anything in striking distance is on the menu, everyone of them will attack man or anything else if given the opportunity.
When man builds or strays into their habitat these things are going to happen, its that simple.
The creature is not a guilty party here.

Understood, but human lives take priority over animal ones. The gator was not an intelligent being with the ability to understand justice. It killed a human being because it saw a human as food. That gator was just as ready to kill a law enforcement officer as it was a burglar. We wouldnt even forgive a human being for killing a burglar hiding in a lake.

I think anyone who thinks the gator deserves an award should have been the one to put it around its neck. Good luck.

It's a cruel fate, but the burglar definitely would have lived a better longer life in bed with his girl than he did here.

No doubt the guy was stupid.
What a horrible way to die, I can't imagine. Last I knew burglary wasn't a crime punishable by the death sentence, which I do support. Some of the stuff I see in the news every day, yea I definitely support it for some of these guys. I'd even support death row swimming day in Florida for some of these dudes.
I'll leave the question as to whether or not the gator should have died to the guys that have to live with them, in Florida.

If the burglar had been torn to pieces by a cute puppy dog, would they have killed the dog? That gator should have gotten a medal and relocated to a Florida prison to be put on guard duty.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZX11Rebel
If the burglar had been torn to pieces by a cute puppy dog, would they have killed the dog? That gator should have gotten a medal and relocated to a Florida prison to be put on guard duty.

Yes. It's the law. An animal kills a human being, it is going to be euthanized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back