Nissan OEM Filter Oiled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys. I just pulled the filter at 13K on the Rogue as it was a bit low on full throttle power and the OE filter was saturated with oil on the dirty side. Wondering if any of you guys noticed if the Japanese filters in the Nissan seemed to be oiled from the factory. This 2.5 has a big plenum for oil/air separation not near the filter box so I don't think it's engine oil. It doesn't smell like engine oil either. Thanks. I might clean the MAF that's a few inches from the TB, next.

I've seen that twice....a Versa and a Frontier.Either they are,or else Nissans are spitting up a bunch of oil before break-in....

...and people slam K&N for being oiled. Oh the horror!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
...and people slam K&N for being oiled. Oh the horror!
wink.gif

not the same thing.

K&N's filter are too heavily oiled, enough to ruin a MAF. The cotton media isn't very good, either. lets too much [censored] in.

Totally different from the OEM oiled air filters, and also Fram TG and Purolator P1 air filters, which are more or less standard media with only a SLIGHT amount of oil on them, not nearly enough to hurt a MAF.

Again, no mistake, paper filters better. But K&N and others using this technology are not as bad as the extreme characterizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back