Long term use Q8 T800 10w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, i am running Q8 T800 10w40 in 2KD-FTV engine for 7200km++ per 2 months. According to product data sheet, it contains TBN 10 mgKOH/g and sulphated ash content 1.3%mass.
In my place sulphur content in diesel fuel is about 500-1000 ppm.

I wanna ask you all. Is it possible i can use this oil till 10k km or more?

Based on feeling-meter. The car performance still good and the fuel consumption just like using new oil.

I'd guess 10K km would be OK but a UOA with TBN at 7K would be helpful. What is your sump capacity and engine displacement? 500-1000ppm isn't that high - 5000ppm is getting up there!

Charlie

UOAs are reserved for US of A..in the rest of the world people are not complicating so much about oil/cars/etc....

It is not common here (at least here in EU) to get sample of your oil get tested/analysed....

Only factories...racing teams....

We have plenty of international users doing UOAs. Of course, BITOG skews everything. I know lots of Canadians and Americans on BITOG that do UOAs. I don't know anyone personally that does.

Originally Posted By: m37charlie
I'd guess 10K km would be OK but a UOA with TBN at 7K would be helpful. What is your sump capacity and engine displacement? 500-1000ppm isn't that high - 5000ppm is getting up there!

Charlie

Haloo charlie thx for the replying.
Sump capacity on my engine is 7 liters tops. I usually use 6.5 L oil based on dipstick.
The displacement is 2494 cc. Seems like it can use longer because of high sump capacity and the high displacement. Is it right?

In indonesia, UOA test has been popular but dont know who is the pioneer. It is kinda helpful and common for enthusiast car who cares about their car.

I have plan to tes UOA in our local lab. Will be posted the results soon.

That's pretty good capacity for 2.5L. Actually loss of TBN due to formation of sulfur oxides that form sulfurous and sulfuric acids is proportional to fuel consumption divided by sump capacity. Also, do you have EGR? That causes faster drop in TBN due to "breathing exhaust", due to sulfur and also nitrous/nitric acids.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: m37charlie
That's pretty good capacity for 2.5L. Actually loss of TBN due to formation of sulfur oxides that form sulfurous and sulfuric acids is proportional to fuel consumption divided by sump capacity. Also, do you have EGR? That causes faster drop in TBN due to "breathing exhaust", due to sulfur and also nitrous/nitric acids.

Charlie

I dont understand this statement clearly "Actually loss of TBN due to formation of sulfur oxides that form sulfurous and sulfuric acids is proportional to fuel consumption divided by sump capacity"
Are you referring me to calculate the losses of tbn or just give information the decreasing of tbn related to sulfur on diesel fuel?

EGR has been deleted such a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back