1995 buick park ave 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buick runs good when starts up, if the temp is cold outside like 30 degrees, when you shut the car off for 10 mins or so and start it up it will run real rough bad, after about 20 seconds or so it will run normal, only when its cold outside it will do this, in warm weather its fine, not check engine light, again only when cold, and first start in morning when cold starts right up!

Did that, has plugs changed gas filter fuel pressure regulator changed.

It did have a new computer put in. coil packs meaning all coils?

I had the car off the the road for about 3 years when i started to use it the service engine light was on, mechanic put new computer in it, this was about 3 years ago, I notice last year in winter time only it would idle real bad after hot restart, 10 or 15 min sitting, but in the summertime it was fine. only does this in cold weather, very weird!

Wild guess, it is a lazy coolant temp sensor. Cheap and easy to replace on most cars, YMMV
laugh.gif

Mr Ramblejack, Have you experienced this problem and resolved it back changing the coil-pack, also I hear that you should use the quality coils or they will fail.

I did change to coolant temp sensor the one underneath the throttle body about two years ago, I did the leaking intake gasket at that time!

Originally Posted By: Dan55
I second on the coolant temp sensor

+1 - the computer sensor , not the gauge sensor.

Yes computer sensor was changed this car has that ob1 scanner that very few have, another brain idea from gm to switch over to the ob2. It is temperature related for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back