Mobil 1 New Life 0W40 - Mercedes W204 C220CDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good! What is your driving pattern like? Lots of hwy driving? Taxi service?

Iron is only half of what it was with some of the previous oils. Now where are all the M1 iron bashers?
smile.gif

Thanks,My car its taxi.
Mobil has right that "keeps the engine like new"!

Last edited:
Yes but this will change a lot the flash point of the lubricant?
on the basis of the following typical numbers of Mobil has decreased by 9 degrees Celsius (230°C to 221°C)
I know that oxidation is changing the viscosity in this sample TBN its very good after extend use or Is there theory such a thing as an oil that improves with age?

But, we don't have an actual VOA of that batch of oil from the same lab, in the case, Blackstone. Data sheet values aren't the best substitution for a VOA from the same lab.

Originally Posted By: Nikos_jd
Yes but this will change a lot the flash point of the lubricant?
on the basis of the following typical numbers of Mobil has decreased by 9 degrees Celsius (230°C to 221°C)
I know that oxidation is changing the viscosity in this sample TBN its very good after extend use or Is there theory such a thing as an oil that improves with age?

Do not worry about TBN in your application. You are running Euro diesel which has very small amount of sulfur which is main enemy of TBN.

Wonder what happened to the Shell Helix Ultra with higher wear metals.

Did it have more cold starts or something like that?

Originally Posted By: Pontual
Yes, but humidity plays a big part in sulfuric acid production, too, not just high ppm of sulfur.

It does. But Greece is nothing like Brasil, or South East U.S. when it comes to humidity.

Originally Posted By: Noobie
Wonder what happened to the Shell Helix Ultra with higher wear metals.

Did it have more cold starts or something like that?

I think certainly depends on factors...
The Shell its running above 3.178km from Mobil and the silicone level its above of all samples.
Aral it΄'s nearly to Mobil there is and biggest difference.
But I think the difference is small and depends sample to sample.
I will try to keep the Mobil around to 22.000km !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back