Top Tier Not To Be Revisted

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this
smile.gif

I told the stories of the gas stations around here buying from a fuel service that only offered the basic grades of fuels etc. ( No additive pack variations at all)

I did find one station for which years ago I had bad luck with their gas. Well that's been a decade ago. I started using their gas in all of my vehicles and it's been great.
Great mileage and no hard starts or pinging or bad stuff like before.

When I ride by the station I only see their trucks filling the tanks, the price is competitive and the trucks, gas pumps, and station all say " top tier" everywhere.
So I'll ride out this station until things go sour.

Yes I am. Just ready for a beating.
I have one chain that's 5 miles from my house and a road I travel often. I hate to mention the name Valero as I was never a fan.
but it is the real deal in this area- other areas it may not be.

But my local Shell, Sunoco, CITGO, Highs, and a few others all get their fuel from one distributor and it all runs bad and some above are not top tier I understand. But even in the country I am surrounded by Shell stations. They are higher and the fuel is not so great. Valero has everything here running great. So for now the price is great and the gas is too. I swallowed hard as I was not a prior fan.

Pilot has premium $0.15 a gallon cheaper that the BP stations around me. So it's no top tier for me as long as that spread is there.

I don't see how Shell sells any Vpower in my area. It is 60 to 70 cents/gallon above Regular and 30 cents/gallon higher than Valero Premium.

It also is 90 octane vs all others 91...my Premium purchases go to anyone BUT Shell.

The nearest one to me is 50 miles away.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Or you could just visit a reputable Top Tier station like Costco.

I have a Shell station 400 yards from my house.
I avoid it. Premium is 79 cents more a gallon than regular.
Typical.

Originally Posted By: ammolab
I don't see how Shell sells any Vpower in my area. It is 60 to 70 cents/gallon above Regular and 30 cents/gallon higher than Valero Premium.

It also is 90 octane vs all others 91...my Premium purchases go to anyone BUT Shell.

There use to be Shells that I frequented. Their price spread between grades was the same standard all the rest use. Usually $0.30. Then they switch over to being BPs. The gas is generic. The local depot supply is BP from Whiting IN. When the Shells switched to BP the premium stated the same octane rating as the Shells at 92/E10.

In the town I now get my gas in there are two BPs. One has always been since the days of Standard Oil. Their premium is 93 octane. I believe their supplier is Marathon as they are the only ones who offer the 93 octane/E10 in my area.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Yes I am. Just ready for a beating.
I have one chain that's 5 miles from my house and a road I travel often. I hate to mention the name Valero as I was never a fan.
but it is the real deal in this area- other areas it may not be.

But my local Shell, Sunoco, CITGO, Highs, and a few others all get their fuel from one distributor and it all runs bad and some above are not top tier I understand. But even in the country I am surrounded by Shell stations. They are higher and the fuel is not so great. Valero has everything here running great. So for now the price is great and the gas is too. I swallowed hard as I was not a prior fan.

What is wrong with Valero?
It meets the TT standard.

Around here Valero advertises one price roadside then you find out it a cash only price when you pull up to the pump, then it's $.10 or more on credit.

Originally Posted By: Bear
Around here Valero advertises one price roadside then you find out it a cash only price when you pull up to the pump, then it's $.10 or more on credit.

I've noticed a couple frickin Shell stations around here advertising what appear to be fantastic prices, but then you get up close and that's the cost per gallon if you're also buying a car wash...30 cents cheaper than a regular purchase!
One of them has an ancient wash house that uses brushes, I went in there once by accident with my previous car and really wanted to try to back out when I realized what was going to happen...but, I was already being pulled forward by the track. Had no idea those things still existed...

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

I have a Shell station 400 yards from my house.
I avoid it. Premium is 79 cents more a gallon than regular.
Typical.

Someone has to pay all that marketing cost!

Originally Posted By: ammolab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back