Why have I been banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting on December 26, 2004 I noticed that I had been banned from this forum. I didn't do anything to deserve such a thing, nor will anyone explain to me why. I asked the administrator nicely, twice, why I had been banned with no response. Then after the third time I asked nicely I get an email from him (59vetteman) which is too vulgar to even post on this site, saying "You are not banned". (along with a bunch of 4 letter words I won't mention) After explaining to him that yes, I most definately am banned, he replied with "Must be a software problem. Will check it."

Well, it's been 11 days since then, nothing has been "checked". I sent him a few more polite emails asking why I have been banned, again with no response. Somebody PLEASE explain to me why I have been banned!

It says very clearly in the rules here: "Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement."

Again, somebody please explain to me what "major violation" of the agreement that I have committed? Or even a minor violation?

I am not looking to start a fight here, I only want answers. I'm sure your first thought will be to delete this thread and ban me again, but be warned, I will post it again and again until my question is answered. I have thousands of IP addresses at my disposal. If you would have just answered my emails I wouldn't have to do this.

Good day,
ZmOz

A fair question deserves a fair answer, why would 59vetteman give you a Vulgar answer?! Is there more to this than meets the eye, I guess its over to 59vetteman & others to give a honest & non vulgar response now its gone public to let us all know just whats goin on.....
rolleyes.gif

I've heard of vulgarity and such with reference to posters before, but that wouldn't happen on a family BB...would it ?

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:
I've heard of vulgarity and such with reference to posters before, but that wouldn't happen on a family BB...would it ?

No...not here!
shocked.gif
Oh wait, yep, it did happen, and I have the email to prove it. If someone posted the same such thing on this forum they would probably be banned or at the very least the post would be locked.

More to this than meets the eye? I don't know, if there is you'd think 59 vetteman would have the decency to answer one email about it.

Mr. Vetteman, I have been very polite to you about this whole thing. Please just answer my simple question. In your own words I'm "not banned".

[ January 14, 2005, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: WetChicken ]

This poster has threatened to Sue me, to do anything he can to the board This is a cut and past of my vulgarity when he threatened me. This adolescent 18 year old loves playing games.

1. (email to a mod) zmoz is an aol subscriber. Just watch if any posts question him being banned, qp the whole thread and ban the fork*r.

2.(Response to Wet Chicket or whatever name he wants to use) I mailed that to you so you know my status. I don't hide anything. Your threats just ##ss me off.

3.(Response to Wet Chicken) Don't waste good band width on this ##it. You are not banned, you can read anything you want

In numerous exchanges this is where I used bad judgement. The words are exact, except I used stars.

Sorry I lost my cool and for that I personally apoligize to the Board. Now lets move on.

Tony

[ January 14, 2005, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Good board adminsistrators are hard to find. You're one of the best Tony, please keep it up. You have done a good job of keeping things on track without being an overbearing pr*ck.

Being the designated adult is a difficult job and the vast majority of us appreciate the job you do.

Zmoz the fact that you have access to thousands of ISP address's is indicative of a personal problem.

Get a life and be less contentious, Then maybe someone will give you an audience.

Tony is one of the most balanced guys I know and its his board so give it up. Being a retired CPO his vernacular is NORMAL and a learned response from years in the USN.

Bob would have shown up at your doorstep with a baseball bat and readjusted your attitude.

Maybe we need to form a committee of attitude adjusters for policing the dorks that attempt to soil BITOG. Your myriad ISP's would not protect you from a visit that way.

I don't understand the type of person who is banned and weasels back in under the guise of a new handle. Not being invited somewhere and sneaking in is trespass. Weaseling in and then causing problems with the board is criminal trespass !

I am not paying for BITOG bandwidth ( sponsor) here to get messed with !

You and every other dork that attacks this board needs to get a grip if you want to be taken seriously.

You really must have done something dumb to get this deep into it...
59 Vetteman seems to me to be a very fair, friendly, reasonable moderator: once I got into a bit of an argument in a thread, and my post was deleted, and I was emailed saying so. After a few quick emails, my post was put back up, so that the (non argumentative) portions could be discussed and we could all learn.

Very nice and fair, IMO.

Maybe Im way off, but I doubt the sponsors give that much money for this site. Maybe the site breaks even, or maybe even a small profit is made, but I kind of doubt it. One way or another, you are using a site that someone owns and offers for the benefit of everyone. You need to respect that.

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by WetChicken:
I have thousands of IP addresses at my disposal. If you would have just answered my emails I wouldn't have to do this.

I have thousands more IP addresses than you do. I win. However, I don't plan on ever using them to "get back" at someone for not answering a question of mine.

Sounds like you're venting...a sore loser to me... please move on, we have better things to talk about, like the new M1 formulations coming out in the near future.

Bye bye.

I have been a member of this board for a very long time. The owners of the web site and the moderators have always been fair and decent with me. I think somebody would really have to make the moderators angry to get a vulgar response from one of them.

This web site is the best web site I know of for getting information about motor oils, oil filters, etc. Most other web sites do not provide anywhere near the amount of useful information. This web site is useful to anybody who owns a car or truck and it would be useful to be a longtime member because motor oil and other products do change over time.

You can't demand to receive an answer or response from somebody here. If somebody does not want to answer a question or respond to something there is nothing that you can do about it.

And I don't see where you have been banned from the web site-you can still post your comments, right? You can still visit the site, correct?

Everybody at this site needs to treat the other members fairly and with respect. We can all have a differing opion about things. One guy may think that Pennzoil is the best motor oil around and another guy might think that Valvoline is the best. So what. If we all respect the opinions of others at the site everything will run smoothly.

z,
You've been warned for numerous infractions. You've shown nothing but disrespect for BITOG admins.
All it takes is one issue to get your derriere banned.

Any future threads about this subject will be deleted without notice.

-
 -

[ January 14, 2005, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back