The best engine flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
No I haven't but it does clean diesel fuel engines very clean.
after a single flush in a diesel fuel engine the engine oil stays crystal clear on the dipstick.
Also you can leave it in the engine oil in petrol engines 20ml for 4L of engine oil.

So you've only used the crank case flush and none of the other products? Some of the MSDS look interesting but I'd want some small free samples to try before spending the sums on that site, one bottle of injector cleaner is 2 thousand dollars!

Not gonna spend that, or several hundred on a 'service pack' If I can't have first hand experience for free, or a detailed breakdown of all the components and compounds to make an informed decision.

Website looks good, though..

I would tend to think its expensive and not well tested by independent labs.

The guys at Car Talk have mentioned using 50% diesel fuel and 50% kerosene as a flush and say some have had it work to clean stuck rings. They go on to say that its trashed all the engines they have tried it in.

But a slow cleaning is still best, quality synthetic oil at low OCI. Maybe some Auto-Rx.

Kreen works very well, it's faster than a slow cleaner, slower than a flush. If you're not happy with the results they'll send you your money back.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Kreen works very well, it's faster than a slow cleaner, slower than a flush. If you're not happy with the results they'll send you your money back.

DING! It's Kreen for the win. Often used in the crankcase but excellent in the fuel, too...

Originally Posted By: Olas
....look interesting but I'd want some small free samples to try before spending the sums on that site, one bottle of injector cleaner is 2 thousand dollars!

Yikes the Engine Flush is $97 for 250ML. If this site was depending on a revenue stream from BITOG members, they'd be out of business in no time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: toyota62

after a single flush in a diesel fuel engine the engine oil

That's a "it depends" answer. There are plenty of diesel engines that will turn the dipstick a very dark within a few miles.
There are very few additives out there that I would ever consider buying and a high-priced additive will never make it into my shopping cart.

Originally Posted By: Kruse

That's a "it depends" answer. There are plenty of diesel engines that will turn the dipstick a very dark within a few miles.
There are very few additives out there that I would ever consider buying and a high-priced additive will never make it into my shopping cart.

What turns the oil black in a diesel is soot and thats 100% normal. If you have honey colored oil in a diesel engine then you have not started it after you changed the oil.

Oil changes at proper intervals eliminate the need for flushes and other foolish costs.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: Kruse

What turns the oil black in a diesel is soot and thats 100% normal. If you have honey colored oil in a diesel engine then you have not started it after you changed the oil.

took my new diesel engine 4000 miles to colour the oil dark... I just ran it hard enough for the EGR to stay closed most of the time...

Now the oil I put in it comes out of the bottle black....

I have not yet found it necessary to do an "engine flush" yet, on any of my cars, but when I have wanted to do a little 'clean-up' (whether it was truly needed or not) I found the 'slow-clean' method was fine.

Either a run or two with a high-detergent oil, or the addition of a bottle or two of MMO, Kreen, etc.. for an OCI, seems to do the trick, and for much less money than what the site the OP listed wants.

... Then again, I've never had an engine that was all sludged up because I never let it get that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back