Ashland Inc. buys Oil Can Henry's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this in the local news, it's an Oregon based quick lube that expanded to six western states. Never used one but I understand they are a "step up" from Jiffy Lube. There's one down the street from me that's been there at least 20 years. Always had Castrol signs when I drive by. Not clear if they will still be called Oil Can Henry's and switch to Valvoline or if they'll change to Valvoline Instant Oil Change facilities.

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index...cart_river_home

From the article it looks like they will not change the name. Their research will conclude it will be better to leave it as is. Kroger bought Fred Meyer and kept the name. Business is good. Macy's purchased Meier & Frank and put their name on it. Bad move for them.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
From the article it looks like they will not change the name. Their research will conclude it will be better to leave it as is. Kroger bought Fred Meyer and kept the name. Business is good. Macy's purchased Meier & Frank and put their name on it. Bad move for them.

I agree...Keeping local brands goes far, especially for the natives (myself included). And most of the customers wouldn't even notice if it were Castrol or Valvoline in their vehicles anyway.

Ashland's Valvoline instant oil change is a good deal. The techs, are trained to a procedure that varies little between franchises. I go on line, find a coupon , print it out and give it to MDW and she is happy because she got a bargain. I use them because I can get an OC on the van in under 15 minutes. I often exceed the recommended OCI on the work van, and I haven't blown one up yet. I opened the hood on the Camry and couldn't even see the spark plugs. Later when OLM came on, there was 3 feet of snow in my yard. MDW suggested one and I agreed readily. 25 bucks and done. I'm a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back