Which battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The Platinum is most likely better quality, hence the 5 year warranty. Is that 5 year warranty prorated or not?

The 5 year warranty does not appear to be pro-rated.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Why do you need a battery for a current model year BRZ or AMG? Just go in and get it under warranty.

Who says it's for either vehicle?

The warranty on replaced warrantied part is either the remaining left over warranty or the specific replaced part warranty (aka some months or year). But the time limited warranty does NOT reset when you get a warranty replacement.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
I'd absolutely get the AGM for $16 more. Is that a 5-year full replacement? That'd be great.

Agreed. For such a small price difference, that is a no brainer.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Yes, it is fair too. Otherwise one would not ever need to pay for replacement batteries, every three years a new battery for free and with 3 year free replacement?

What if you bought a new battery that lasted 6 months, you got a new free one w/ no warranty, and that lasted 6 months?

The way most warranties work (see above), the new product contains the same guarantee as the old product, as it should. If it fails during the warranty period, that SHOULD be a problem for the manufacturer, not for the customer. I'd be upset if I went through 2 new batteries in a year and had nothing to show for it in the end.

Break a Craftsman ratchet 100 times, they'll give you 100 new ratchets. Every replacement ratchet has the same guarantee that the first one did: "if it fails, we'll replace it for free".

If you have a new TV and it breaks within the first 6 months, does Sony give you a new TV that has a voided warranty? Of course not -- the replacement product carries the same warranty that the first one did.

Battery warranties are one of the few that work they way they do...at least that I can think of.

For wm, proration starts after 3 year. And with proration you should get regular warranty on the new battery. However when the first battery dies within 3 years, youdo not pay a cent for the new battery, that is why the new battery is not warranted.

Craftsman? Maybe one of many reasons why Sears went bankrupt once and not far from it now. Businesses exist to make profit, not to distribute alms/charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back