Oil Analysis results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I have a 2003 CL55 AMG Kompressor. It has had 3 liters of oil top ups in the last 6800 miles. Most of the time the car is driven quite hard, but there is motorway trips in there etc.

I have fixed all common sources of leaking oil on this engine (Rocker cover gaskets/breathers etc).

There is little evidence that the car has an engine fault, there is no blowby from the oil filler cap or dipstick cap when cold, the car blows no blue smoke at all when starting or driving hard.

The only time I see a small puff of blue smoke, is if the car is revved after idling for a long long time (more than 30 minutes).

The plugs where changed and looked sooty but not oily.

I sent off the oil for analysis (6800 miles on the oil, Shell Helix Ultra 5W40) and it came back with this results:
80-capture_2e0f12e2c16bfb8ebbbad2c8921226dc36cab754.png

My thoughts are that the iron is a bit high. Millers have said that its normal though? Any thoughts.

Last edited:
That puff after idling leads me to valve stem seals. But only after a half hour seems minor.

The other thing is it could be a stuck pcv valve. That would cause oil to pool in the intake manifold and be consumed under acceleration

Try a high milage oil if available and see if it helps.

How many miles on the car?

It would say that to me too, but its unlikely on these engines.

Sorry, missed out that bit! Its done 98,000 miles.

I think that Maybe I have a slightly blockage on one banks breather pipe, possibly a bit of gunk or a bit of sealer has entered it. On this engine its a very small hole.

The Iron looks high for only 6800 miles and with 3 liters of top-up oil to dilute it. Ring and cylinder bore wear would be my guess.

Firstyly, sorry for the wrong section.

Secondly, that's what I was worried about. I am trying to avoid removing the head if possible.

More diagnostics may be appropriate before major surgery. Can you get someone to do a cylinder leak test?
See if the air leaks out through the cylinder bores or the cylinder head.

Last edited:
I Was going to do a compression and leakdown test, need to borrow the leakdown tester though. Was hoping oil analysis would tell me something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back