US Fuel economy fell in November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link

Quote:
The WardsAuto Fuel Economy Index indicates the average fuel economy of light vehicles sold in the U.S. in November was 25.0 mpg (9.4 L/100 km), resulting in the only year-over-year decline of 2015 and the greatest drop since August 2010, as the rating slipped 0.4%. The national average gasoline price was $2.26 per gallon in November, the second-lowest monthly price since March 2011 (January 2015 averaged $2.208).

Not too surprising, what with cheaper gas. Will be interesting to see if it continues to drop, or if it will level off.

I'm hardly surprised. I plan on still shopping for my next economy car though, I've just done it at a slower rate than expected, as it was "cheaper" to keep driving my truck in the meantime.

A trend that is happening is top selling vehicles sedans are losing ground while compact SUV's are gaining. Folks are losing some MPG in the switch over.

Auto sales are way up as well so you will see more of a change than in a normal period, the auto market has still not normalized.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: splinter

I love fossil fuels. Hydrocarbons ftw.

I like Abiogenic fuels and biogenic fuels (fossil fuels). I know it is mincing words, but I don't "love" any fuel.

And some of the same people buying less efficient vehicles today because of cheap gas will be the ones squealing the loudest in a few years when costs go back up.

Our household fuel economy went down, but our consumption has dropped by at least 25%. I replaced a CR-V with a Ridgeline in July, and started working from home full time in September. One of those factors far outweighed the other, and we're saving quite a bit of money each month compared to earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back