New grille insert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I installed my grille insert it doesn't look terrible. Overall I'm happy with it still bummed that the factory grille is busted but i will fix it just right now with the holidays and I'd prefer not to do it in the cold so this will atleast make it look better until I can order and install the factory piece.

http://tinypic.com/r/243htgj/9

Do you have the Grill shutters?

Because from what I hear, they're a PITA money wise to fix or replace.

Atleast the front bumper cover is easy to get off. Minus all the darn plastic clips everywhere

And if you don't have and are considering a cold air intake, the 400$ mopar one is made by k&n and the same as the 200$ or so one.

Thats if you're cool and have the 2.0L
Which is way easier to gain HP than the 2.4 and 1.4

If you like it, good work!

I'm always torn over grilles, do I block them up for aero effect or open them out for cooling and 'ram' effect?

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Do you have the Grill shutters?

Because from what I hear, they're a PITA money wise to fix or replace.

Atleast the front bumper cover is easy to get off. Minus all the darn plastic clips everywhere

It has the grille shutters but they won't be an issue when replacing the grille you just remove the bumper cover and unplug the connector for them.

Yeah. I didn't realize I had them until I took the bumper cover off.

When I had to replace my Horn and bcm I took the bumper cover off to see then I took it to the local dealer who was amazed I had an SXT with grill shutters and a 2.0L

That's why I had them install the front license plate bracket.

I've heard stories of people not knowing and they drill right through the shutters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back