Nissan Rogue made in TN or Korea. should I care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlayman
Cars built in a just opened plant, or one that hasn't built that model before, tend to have more problems IMO. I'd go for the US built one, which at least supports American jobs a little bit. You have a valid concern on the CVT though.

Nissan has some of the most reliable CVTs made.

Originally Posted By: stchman
Originally Posted By: dlayman
Cars built in a just opened plant, or one that hasn't built that model before, tend to have more problems IMO. I'd go for the US built one, which at least supports American jobs a little bit. You have a valid concern on the CVT though.

Nissan has some of the most reliable CVTs made.

And some of the least as well. In any event, I would probably prefer to have a CVT manufactured in Japan than in Mexico, where they likely have less experience in manufacturing them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I know of a 2013 Frontier that was US made,and the bed floor isn't put together correctly.One panel was 1/2 welded and no seam sealer....you can see the ground thru it. So,the lack of a UAW controlled plant means nothing.

Union labor is IMO the assurance of reasonable quality. I have yet to see anything assembly related fail on anything I have owned except for a 1987 Ford Ranger. That thing was a total P0S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back