When i brake i feel and hear a click noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed when i press the brake pedal i hear and can feel a click noise coming from the brake pedal is this normal? Mechanic said its my break switch and its normal.I have a 1999 oldsmobile lss.

Last edited:
Yeah that's the brakes switch. I hear it on some cars too. If you want to test, back up close to a wall and tap your brakes. When you hear it click your brake lights will come on at the same time.

Brake shift interlock on most A/T vehicles. Kind of a nuisance but I find it useful when to throw the truck into gear and such.

Originally Posted By: Shark
No, this not normal. Driving an Olds you should have trouble hearing by now.

That is very funny.

Originally Posted By: Shark
No, this not normal. Driving an Olds you should have trouble hearing by now.

Funnnnnny. (But true.) Ha

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
Brake shift interlock on most A/T vehicles. Kind of a nuisance but I find it useful when to throw the truck into gear and such.

It's kinda weird it makes the click when he's already out of park, but it does sound like a solenoid-y noise.

Supposedly the first Toyota Coronas, 40 years ago, had a brake light relay that clicked every time the pedal was pushed. Drove people nuts. Electrical engineers learned, maybe.

My Mom bought a brand new 1966 Corona when I was a freshman in HS, that thing was a great car. That was 50 years ago, boy am I getting old, time to buy me a Olds !

Many cars have a solenoid which prevents shifting out of neutral until the driver's foot is on the brake. It's called the "neutral safety switch circuit" and it can make a click.

Originally Posted By: Neely97
My Mom bought a brand new 1966 Corona when I was a freshman in HS, that thing was a great car. That was 50 years ago, boy am I getting old, time to buy me a Olds !
That 66 Corona had very good build quality. I traded a Dodge Dart V8 with a four speed and front disc brakes for a 67 Corona. That pos from Hamtramck looked like it had been assembled by see no evil monkeys..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back