BG 44K® Fuel System Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have.

I used to used to use regular white bottle Techron 2x year. Never noticed a difference. I thought I was just "maintaining" clean. At maybe 120k in my Corolla at the time I used the 44k. one tank and noticeable butt-o-meter improvement in power. MPG's went up, until the extra power combined with BG synchroshift II fixing tranny synchro issues made redline oh so much more fun again.

Many friends family experienced same thing. I now use mostly gumout regane from all the threads here and price/availabilty. Again regular use so no big noticeable changes. I still use 44K every now and then but falls in the "must be maintaining clean" thing

I feel the same way about berryman b12. I run it through any used car I buy and can seem to feel a bit of a difference after. Running top tier gas with no additives is probably enough to keep things clean, but adding a cleaner once in a while should help.

There is a separate forum for fuel and additives though.

44K is very strong. I'm not sure if I'd use it in anything with DGI. I know it used to work well in cleaning old TBI (throttle body injection) cars from the 80's.

What is your intended usage? In the gas tank? Fuel rail? What problem are you having? If you don't have any, I wouldn't use it unless you plan on changing your fuel filter. The can version I used with works on both, but was forumulated for direct usage where it gets best results. Putting it in the tank is not much better than multiple runs of Techron... in fact worse, since you WILL want to change the fuel filter.

Last edited:
I used it in my 3 year-old Accent that had 33K miles. Made a big difference. Lots of smoke came out at first, then the car ran smoother, accellerated smoother and fuel economy improved a bit.

I've never felt any difference in any of my cars using Techron concentrate. FWIW I always use top tier 87 octane, Chevron or QT.

Simple to remember.

1. BG44K

second choice

2. Techron

Both products work very well.

My Volvo Dealer uses the 44K on everything that rolls in the door.

I have and do use both fuel system cleaners and they work as advertised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back