Wrecked my Blue Crown Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I would post that my Blue '04 CVLX, has taken a fatal hit.
Im okay. I have a cut on my finger from some glass and a seatbelt bruise on my shoulder.

I was accelerating hard up a hill (it had just gone from a 25 zone to a 55 zone) and left off the gas to get ready for a curve. When I let off the gas, the transmission slammed into 2nd and that set the rear end loose. It was a wet road. It spun around 90 degrees and went off into the ditch.
I had to climb out and walk a mile to get cell service.

IMAG1095.jpg

IMAG1105.jpg

IMAG1109.jpg

IMAG1110.jpg

I had the rollback drop it on the side of the house. I was able to pop the trunk and reset the fuel switch. So, I started it and drove it into my garage. I got the hood up and I pulled the battery out of it.
Ill take better pics tomorrow, after I get a sleep in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
shocked.gif

Thank the Lord you were in a Ford!
If he was not in a ford he might not of had an accident in the first place.

No, I was being too aggressive with the throttle and I have an aggressive transmission calibration. I have the SCT Pro Racer program so I did all the engine and transmission tuning myself.

My condolences. If I remember you haven't had that too long. I rember that BoS sticker on the side and it made me laugh.

Those are tough cars but that could have been way worse.

Save the fun bits and take the insurance money and get a new one.

What do you think caused the downshift

Originally Posted By: hansj3
My condolences. If I remember you haven't had that too long. I rember that BoS sticker on the side and it made me laugh.

Those are tough cars but that could have been way worse.

Save the fun bits and take the insurance money and get a new one.

What do you think caused the downshift

No, Ive had it since March of '08. It was my CVPI I bought more recently.
When I got the title to it, I dropped full coverage. So what I get out of will be parts.
Thanks though.
It didn't downshift. I was accelerating through 1st and I let off the throttle suddenly and it upshifted hard into 2nd and that set it off.

Itll need welded. That rear quarter is welded to the body. So it would have to be cut off one car and welded onto mine.
If the frame is serviceable, Ive been thinking about getting a 89-91 Crown Vic LTD and dropping the whole body on my frame.

Thankfully you didn't hit someone else and you weren't seriously injured. Use it as an expensive lesson to drive a bit more responsibly, especially when roads are wet.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Seriously: that looks fixable with a parts car.

Roof caved in? Air bags blown? Most of the glass gone? Even with a parts car it's more than the existing wreck is worth, especially a decade old Ford. If he has some sort of affinity for them, former fleet Crown Victorias are cheap and widely available. Time to send this one to the crusher and move on.

Sorry about your car and glad you were not hurt.

Thankfully cars has stability control to help prevent this kind of stuff now.

My 'dream' vehicle right now is a new Police Interceptor Utility. (Explorer)
Unfortunately Ive been laid-off since Sept so I can't get buy one atm.
In the mean time Im going to tear this one down and see if the frame is salvageable. Strip all the useful parts off it. I had put a lot of rare and hard to get parts on it. Along with my $700 stereo and other stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
"Dad, a deer jumped out in front of me and I swerved to avoid it." Glad you're OK. Kira

That's the standard around here, those dang deer !

Could be worse...my wife got called to a deer strike a couple years ago. It was aSaturn Ion...double fatality, dead at the scene.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back