Modding your car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the comments saying I'll complain about my car and the Windows being to slow??? Really you few folks have nothing better to do! I really really like the dart it's the first car i look at and smile to own it I love how it looks drives ect love the entire car. That's why I'm enthusiastic about changing it if I can for the better because I enjoy the car and would love to personalize it and stuff. I never did that with the focus why because it didn't take long for me to hate that pile of garbage. But the dart I like it a whole lot! It's been a good car thus far. I just think if the exhaust had a little more rumble it would sound cool. I don't mind hearing it in the car. I like a little rumble a good note is nice! That being said If I decide to do anything i would think it out and plan it and do it right I wouldn't just slap
A glass pack on it and let it eat. I'd make a pleasant sounding exhaust with an enjoyable note to it. Whatever I do or don't do it'll definitely be over thought!!

Leave it as is. Nothing will add power except a supercharger/turbo. After buying a Corolla years ago I thought of same thing..but it just aint worth the money. Maintain it, put on good rubber and wax it/keep it nice. I enjoy my car for what it is, reliable,cheap on gas & maintenance and slow. Pay off your car sooner, save, invest..those are all good advice.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I say mod away. You had a little bit of a dry spell in the drama thread department lately. I'm sure modding will eventually pay off and the drama can continue in full swing.
wink.gif

Seriously dough, your desire to be "unique" and then when you mention what you want to do to this car are nothing but unique. Check any of the cars that 18-25 year olds drive and they all have the same things installed as you want.
I remember beating, with my 91 Chevy Corsica, bone stock, all the [censored] cannon equipped Civics of the day. I had a friend that was doing it in him moms minivan LOL.

crackmeup2.gif

Me and a buddy used to take my moms Pontiac Montana 3.4L H.O and spank a bunch of those [censored] canned and cai civics, neons, scions etc. it was pretty hilarious! Those old 3.4 H.O motors would scream with an empty van. That thing would do 100mph pretty quick.

Op it's a dart, it won't be fast. If you want something fast, you should save up and buy a faster car the next time around. Or a minivan!
thumbsup2.gif

A base Caravan with the 3.6 might not be a bad idea....
whistle.gif

Brakes', suspension and tyres are the cheapest/quickest/easiest way to see big improvements in lap time or pont to point time, then removing weight.

After that you need CFM and compression and they cost big money

Personalize your car with practical things like maybe a plastic trunk tray or cargo net. Maybe a shift knob or some fresh OEM carpet floor mats from a higher trim level.

What I would do for a cargo tray for my hatch, but it has been discontinued by Honda and there are no aftermarket options for my application.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rslifkin
Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
If you really want HP gains a tune is probably the only way to go,

Realistically, how much gain can you expect from a tune on an NA engine?

Quick google search looks like claims of 10-30HP......how real are these, well we all know it's not a real honest industry
wink.gif

It depends a lot on the car. There's some that probably do leave that much on the table out of the box and others where you'd be lucky to see 5hp without other mods.

I guess you could get a 93 octane tune which still may only add 5hp at the peak in 2.0l NA motor, but might make the motor more responsive in general. I wouldn't mess with it in warranty though.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
I love the comments saying I'll complain about my car and the Windows being to slow??? Really you few folks have nothing better to do! I really really like the dart it's the first car i look at and smile to own it I love how it looks drives ect love the entire car. That's why I'm enthusiastic about changing it if I can for the better because I enjoy the car and would love to personalize it and stuff. I never did that with the focus why because it didn't take long for me to hate that pile of garbage. But the dart I like it a whole lot! It's been a good car thus far. I just think if the exhaust had a little more rumble it would sound cool. I don't mind hearing it in the car. I like a little rumble a good note is nice! That being said If I decide to do anything i would think it out and plan it and do it right I wouldn't just slap
A glass pack on it and let it eat. I'd make a pleasant sounding exhaust with an enjoyable note to it. Whatever I do or don't do it'll definitely be over thought!!

you state that some here have nothing better to do --re:making comments about your car. you're the one that starts the drama threads, man ! lol.
kris refers to you and the "drama thread department".there are about 1650 views since late p.m., 11-30.people love looking at your threads, BECAUSE of the drama/entertainment.

as far as the mods, you'll never make a dart "fast".rule that out.to personalise it's looks/sound -- knock yourself out.just make sure that you won't affect warranty.as well, try to not make it sound like a ricer.people will think that you're just some goofy 17 year old.

you often go on about money issues, and, in light of your wife's goofiness, you might want to think about leaving it stock -- at least for a while. but, to each his own.

at any rate,please continue creating more of your drama threads. they entertain our group, and many, many other bitogers.
have a good day.

Originally Posted By: yeti

you state that some here have nothing better to do --re:making comments about your car. you're the one that starts the drama threads, man ! lol.
kris refers to you and the "drama thread department".there are about 1650 views since late p.m., 11-30.people love looking at your threads, BECAUSE of the drama/entertainment.

as far as the mods, you'll never make a dart "fast".rule that out.to personalise it's looks/sound -- knock yourself out.just make sure that you won't affect warranty.as well, try to not make it sound like a ricer.people will think that you're just some goofy 17 year old.

you often go on about money issues, and, in light of your wife's goofiness, you might want to think about leaving it stock -- at least for a while. but, to each his own.

at any rate,please continue creating more of your drama threads. they entertain our group, and many, many other bitogers.
have a good day.

Ill just be honest it's the people like you guys that constantly berate people and are rude to everyone that is why a lot of members have left here. I like anyone else don't like being treated like that.
If this thread is all it takes for the drama starters to come out then you guys must have a sad life. There was many people that commented intelligent and I read and listened to and didn't make snide rude remarks about me complaining out my car or this that or the other. There's no reason for that nonsense and there shouldn't be a place for it on bitog at all. The censor a lot of words here yet they need to consider censoring the rude few that have nothing better to do but make personal insults and attacks!

Originally Posted By: silverrat
Personalize your car with practical things like maybe a plastic trunk tray or cargo net. Maybe a shift knob or some fresh OEM carpet floor mats from a higher trim level.

What I would do for a cargo tray for my hatch, but it has been discontinued by Honda and there are no aftermarket options for my application.

A plastic rubberized trunk may would be really nice!

I looked through the Dart's Build and Price and found this in the packages available. You can buy pieces, some dealers have discounted prices as the model ages.

Oo2dL1W.jpg

Here's a source online.

http://moparonlineparts.com/dodge-dart-interior-accessories-c-23_226_286_344.html

I would buy a piece every once in a while, everything is priced well for OEM but I would never spend $250 on a shift knob. At least you know you are getting Mopar parts.

Edit:

The Mopar cargo tray doesnt look great

Cpt0Tta.jpg

I would get this one

9S1oBJI.jpg

Last edited:
Should have purchased the turbo engine. That little 1.4T should respond very nicely to a tune.

I purchased my tune with 3000 miles on the car to solve a drivability issue on hills that the dealer could not replicate on flat ground. The tune fixed that nicely, along with a healthy bump in HP and torque.

I like the weathertech mat and the Mopar shifter pkg. The Dart is a really nice car, and I thought about buying one myself in the same configuration as yours. IMO I would stay away from any mods as they will actually decrease daily driver performance. A restrictive exhaust is actually better for around town driving and for low-end torque. You'll need this to maximize your gas mileage. Also, you have the right idea in buying a decent car for your daily driver. I would not like to drive an old POS every day (speaking from personal experience).

I looked through the Dart's Build and Price and found this in the packages available. You can buy pieces, some dealers have discounted prices as the model ages.

Oo2dL1W.jpg

Here's a source online.

http://moparonlineparts.com/dodge-dart-interior-accessories-c-23_226_286_344.html

I would buy a piece every once in a while, everything is priced well for OEM but I would never spend $250 on a shift knob. At least you know you are getting Mopar parts.

Edit:

The Mopar cargo tray doesnt look great

Cpt0Tta.jpg

I would get this one

9S1oBJI.jpg

That's pretty sweet! I like it!

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Should have purchased the turbo engine. That little 1.4T should respond very nicely to a tune.

I purchased my tune with 3000 miles on the car to solve a drivability issue on hills that the dealer could not replicate on flat ground. The tune fixed that nicely, along with a healthy bump in HP and torque.

I wanted the reliability though I don't yet trust the multi air technology.

I just re-looked at your thread when you first bought your car. Beautiful car! How are you enjoying it so far? Does it have red accents?

It has the red interior lights. I absolutely love it I am however having issues with the Bluetooth not staying connected to my phone they ordered a Ctm for it today. It's pretty common for these kind of issues with all manufacturers though. I'd like it fixed asap but I'm not sweating it. But I love the car rides good handles great awesome brakes. It really does a great job and everything you'd expect no the class it's in.

I actually considered the 1.4 turbo but I wanted the most reliable car I could get that I'd still enjoy. And I like the 2.0 it's not that slow compared to the class as a whole. I do have a 6 speed. I wouldn't mind a nice muffler not loud just a lower tone. It probably wouldn't add anything but a little sound. If mod the dodge I just idk I'm not into trucks I look good handling cars i don't know why. Also I'd like to add when I bought my focus I didn't consult anyone on here that I remember till after the purchase. I'm not continuing a cycle.
I'm not arguing with anyone it's merely a discussion. It's just a conversation and it's probably true that there's nothing I can do to easily get more power out of my car.
That's ok if that's the case I still like it the way it is. It's really not that slow with a stick but if I could wake it up a little from 2,000-3,000 or so that would be good . Once you get it revved up it does pretty good.

You've got a good, reliable car. Look at the flip-side, it's a naturally aspirated engine that you can rev anywhere without turbo lag. That means it's smooth all throughout the RPM range and that matters when you have a manual.

You won't have to worry about possible carbon build-up from a direct injection engine. There's probably no torque-steer because it doesn't have that much power. It's a simple engine that you won't lose sleep over. The more you add things to it, the more trade-offs you'll have.

If you want more performance, just crank up the RPM's when you're driving because...manual.

PS. If you want to mod it, I'd just invest in a car cleaning package (the one with the two bucket system with the strainer at the bottom, plus waxes, towels, etc.) and keep that car looking new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back