Non Violent Protests In U.S.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: andrewg
It's a shame that you have such a disproportionate amount of sympathy for one particular issue....yet ignore another that kills hundreds more.

And you focus on only the most important issues, right?

I don't know buddy....but I'd call about 400 homicides in Chicago per year (most black on black) a fairly important issue.....ya think?

andre, quoting statistics does not make you morally just. The fact that you are not recognizing a teenagers death is disturbing. I am done commenting. Some of the responses here make me sad.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
andre, quoting statistics does not make you morally just. The fact that you are not recognizing a teenagers death is disturbing. I am done commenting. Some of the responses here make me sad.

Those statistics represent many lives. Your concern over one tragedy, while ignoring the many more (400 or so)...represents a disproportionate amount of concern, and more importantly....the cultural atmosphere that is far more pervasive than a few bad cops.

Andrew, the Federal government is investigating the whole Chicago mess. The day Anita Alveraz is fired and the day Mayor Rahm is forced to resign I will pop a vintage Scotch bottle & have a nip. I worked for an alderman in the city and have insight on what is going on.

Andrew, the Federal government is investigating the whole Chicago mess. The day Anita Alveraz is fired and the day Mayor Rahm is forced to resign I will pop a vintage Scotch bottle & have a nip. I worked for an alderman in the city and have insight on what is going on.

I'll give you that. You certainly are aware of and been involved in the Chicago area far more than I. Most people, even us outsiders, know that Chicago politics have been corrupt for many years. I would have no doubt that more than a few in the police force are also corrupt. My main point was that the death of blacks in general....in Chicago and nationwide....is not perpetrated by cops in any great numbers as all this attention warrants. Since most black homicides are committed by other blacks in that community....the REAL tragedy is that this serious issue is not the one most addressed by groups, such as the BLM.

Last edited:
andre, I worked for a Hispanic alderman in a high crime area. Do you not realize that the black community knows they have a problem? Why do you think the city did not riot? The Reverends and black community leaders urged them not to. You seem like a passionate guy and I respect that.

andre, I worked for a Hispanic alderman in a high crime area. Do you not realize that the black community knows they have a problem? Why do you think the city did not riot? The Reverends and black community leaders urged them not to. You seem like a passionate guy and I respect that.

I'm sure they do realize it....yet they seem to focus blame on everyone and everything else. I'm sick and tired of the lack of personal responsibility in that community....and the constant never ending resources being used because of it.

It was a tragedy that boy was killed...but if he was raised properly and to do what an officer asks you to do...he would still be alive. I am not in any way saying the cop wasn't a criminal...he is. I would just once and for all like to see the black community start taking the BLM movement INTERNALLY....and stop blaming everything on racism. Nobody in those crummy Chicago neighborhoods makes those people commit crimes.

andre, the problem is the Chicago police just don't give the extra effort to protect those communities. Englewood, West Lawn, Roseland, Humabld Park, Uptown, ect... are just low income communities that the police gave up on. Maybe if the CPD took a more pro-active approach they would reduce the "black on black" crime that you are shouting about?

andre, the problem is the Chicago police just don't give the extra effort to protect those communities. Englewood, West Lawn, Roseland, Humabld Park, Uptown, ect... are just low income communities that the police gave up on. Maybe if the CPD took a more pro-active approach they would reduce the "black on black" crime that you are shouting about?

I really don't know what you can expect a cop to do when an entire community is basically a crime zone. I've been to Roseland actually. Being "Pro-Active" in what way? If a community doesn't start off with a basis or foundation of respect for laws and behaving civilly...what is a cop going to do? Pretend he is every boys father who was abandoned by a dead-beat? A cop is not a social worker...he's not a Priest...he's not even a teacher. His job is to keep the peace and attempt to protect the people. In those communities I'm sure it's an impossible task....do you blame them for avoiding them? If the communities themselves would address the issues that plague them...and THEY do things to make changes....then you might have a return of the police and a mutual respect for each other.

andrew, yes I blame them. When you become a CPD officer you have a duty to you're co-workers AND the community. 110th and Kedzie, why cant the police interact on a community level? 63rd & Ashland, Lake & Cicero, Howard & Clark, the CPD needs to behave in a better manner. Yes, some of these "urban youths" are without fathers, however, the police should act as role models instead of wild west sheriffs. Building more prisons does not work. Education and job development is the only way out.

It's a shame that you have such a disproportionate amount of sympathy for one particular issue....yet ignore another that kills hundreds more.

I don't know buddy....but I'd call about 400 homicides in Chicago per year (most black on black) a fairly important issue.....ya think?

Any idea how many preventable suicides occur every year? What about easily preventable deaths from simple illnesses or injuries?

Both of those things are WAY more common than homicides, and also much easier to address. Yet, you haven't been talking about them. Are we therefore to conclude that your sympathies are disproportionate and you are ignoring important issues?

I wouldn't say so. I mean, it's technically true, but no one could reasonably expect you as a finite human being to have full knowledge and perfectly proportionate concern for every possible issue. Accusing you of hypocrisy would be ridiculous. Same goes for anyone else.

Any idea how many preventable suicides occur every year? What about easily preventable deaths from simple illnesses or injuries?

Both of those things are WAY more common than homicides, and also much easier to address. Yet, you haven't been talking about them. Are we therefore to conclude that your sympathies are disproportionate and you are ignoring important issues?

I wouldn't say so. I mean, it's technically true, but no one could reasonably expect you as a finite human being to have full knowledge and perfectly proportionate concern for every possible issue. Accusing you of hypocrisy would be ridiculous. Same goes for anyone else.

The BLM movement and the zeroing in on an issue not even relevant when one compares it to what goes on in any large black community (and sure...if you want to add into the mix black suicides) is what is disproportionate. It's a race and political issue at the moment....not one of what lives REALLY matter....or the focus would be on where most fatalities occur. A few bad cops murder a kid. Yes...horrible. Yes, the police MUST be held accountable. But at the same time, the back communities across this country murder THEMSELVES at a FAR FAR higher rate. The MUCH greater danger to a young black male isn't a cop....it's another black male. But this is ignored time and time again. You even know it...yet won't even address it. The BLM won't address it. They would rather talk about frying up cops (more typical violent rhetoric from that community), than reaching inside themselves and FIXING the REAL problem. EVERYBODY knows that.
Blacks are about 13% of the population. About 50% of all homicides every year are black. Doesn't that register to anyone at all? Or will the black community and the idiots at BLM just keep pointing fingers at "the man" or some other invisible force that they want to blame instead of taking full responsibility for themselves?

As a side note, do you know how many police commit suicides every year? And do you know how many are killed in the line of duty in that same time period?

Not without looking it up...right? Because police lives don't matter...they are the "bad" guys.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
Doog said:
My point wasn't that the black community has millions of conservatives among them...my point was that it was a pity that MORE blacks don't see how they are being used. You dismissed my link because you don't think it matters since so few blacks think what I posted about the BLM. Every idea or movement starts with a few people...and can build from there.

That was what I was trying to say.

Isn't it also a pity that so many whites don't see how they are being used. How is Andrew being used? Who profits from Andrew's fear? Remington? Glock? Winchester? The GOP?

The Black Lives Matter movement is using people how? To promote the perverse agenda that people of color have the same rights as enshrined in the US Constitution. That de jure law does not reflect the de facto reality? How is exposing that disparate treatment fall under "using people"? Who profits from equal rights and equal treatment under the law?

They are being used...don't listen to me then....listen to another person of color:
http://blackcommunitynews.com/black-lives-matter-lies-costing-lives/
This is the second time I posted this...it explains very well how they are being used.
As for the BLM jerks? Inciting violence (frying pigs)...inhibiting others rights....this isn't what the Constitution protects my simple friend.

Funny how the BLM can't even focus on where 99% of the problems stem from. It's not cops...thats for sure. They should try figuring out why the culture they live within is so messed up and criminal in nature.

That would be a good start.

The article to which you link explains exactly nothing. It's an opinion piece that isn't even signed by the author. What that article shows is that it's still profitable to blame and shame blacks who don't behave. You can get rich chastising bad blacks. Chris Rock certainly did it.

Call me simple again and you'll make yourself that much more wrong.

The culture that most people of color live in is the direct product of what was and is allowed by white people. Do you like that Frederick Douglas quote? Do you want to leave the black man alone? You are incapable of leaving the black man alone as we are all part of a larger system that we don't control.

You are distracted from the real problems. Your attention is being turned by the powerful so that you don't see, so that you don't even try to look.

We love to hold up a hero. Look what this person did! They came from the ghetto and now they've made it. Hooray! It's all distraction from the millions who aren't making it. It's like medals for war heroes. Look what a difference one man can make! Please ignore that this man and all of his now-dead friends would have been alive had we not started/manufactured/entered a war.

You are being used. I am being used. Choosing differently has been criminalized. In many aspects of your life you only have the illusion of choice whether you admit it or not. Example, if you have money and you don't pay your taxes you will lose your freedom.

The difference between us is that I am not fearful of individuals. I don't succumb to the divisiveness that the Right sows. I am for the acknowledgement of structural racism. And yes, that too is divisive and upsetting. It's like acknowledging cancer. This cancer in our society kills people, but the Right is fine with the death so long as they don't have to be made to see it and can profit from it.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
All Lives Matter.... so does retail store sales

Poor sales = jobs cuts.

The people on here that think preventing a business from operating and also preventing fellow citizens from shopping as a way of extortion, should be ashamed of themselves. They are nothing more than anarchists. It's disgusting.
They'll need medical help if any of the clowns EVER get in my way of going about my business.

Anarchy gets a bad rap as does Satanism. Anarchy is more anti-Fascist than anything. Satanism is much more live and let live than your garden variety Christianity.

Keeping people from shopping, breaking them from their lucid Capitalistic daydream in an attempt to show them the truth of the violence which affects their fellow citizens is vital and necessary. I believe you find this disgusting because it's upsetting and you have no outlet for your rage. You probably don't even know where your rage should be directed, but the people in control have made sure that you direct your rage where they want it. Being angry at the small group of people claiming their power and acting for change reinforces those with power. Instead be angry at the real power that is wielded over you.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
All Lives Matter.... so does retail store sales

Poor sales = jobs cuts.

The people on here that think preventing a business from operating and also preventing fellow citizens from shopping as a way of extortion, should be ashamed of themselves. They are nothing more than anarchists. It's disgusting.
They'll need medical help if any of the clowns EVER get in my way of going about my business.

Anarchy gets a bad rap as does Satanism. Anarchy is more anti-Fascist than anything. Satanism is much more live and let live than your garden variety Christianity.

Keeping people from shopping, breaking them from their lucid Capitalistic daydream in an attempt to show them the truth of the violence which affects their fellow citizens is vital and necessary. I believe you find this disgusting because it's upsetting and you have no outlet for your rage. You probably don't even know where your rage should be directed, but the people in control have made sure that you direct your rage where they want it. Being angry at the small group of people claiming their power and acting for change reinforces those with power. Instead be angry at the real power that is wielded over you.

Ha ha ha...this post encompasses pure ignorance.

It's fine if that is what conclusions you have come to. Just don't expect those with different views (I say normal and reasonable) to accept them.

I especially enjoyed this one..."Anarchy gets a bad rap as does Satanism."

Lol...I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

This statement nearly cracked me up as much as the satanism getting a bad "rap".

"The culture that most people of color live in is the direct product of what was and is allowed by white people."

Wow....I didn't know I had so much power.

Last edited:
Anarchy gets a bad rap

I see you registered here in 2006. That being, you may have noticed by now that very, very few here know what that word means.

Ironically, it is usually those that espouse the value of people determining and administering directly and immediately - without a destructive, over-arching bureaucratic authority - the affairs of their own community, toward objectives of their own choosing and mirroring their own values, that think this word simply means "chaos".

It kinda proves your point, but don't say that here!

"As far as my purely personal preferences went I would have liked to join the Anarchists." George Orwell - Homage to Catalonia page 116

FWIW, Immanuel Kant named four kinds of government that we might use as a jumping-off point for future reference:

Law and freedom without force (anarchy).
Law and force without freedom (despotism).
Force without freedom and law (barbarism).
Force with freedom and law (republic).

If you let people talk about it long enough, it usually becomes apparent that everyone aspires for the top entry on that list; settling, out of fear and self-treasuring for the fourth entry, while history seems to consign us to struggle intermittently with the middle two.

EDIT: Here is a GREAT Wikipedia entry that might serve to show how much overlap those on the right and left share when it comes to a disdain of an authoritative state!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism

I'd love to hear from some right-leaning folks here who'd take the time to skim through that page and share their thoughts, be they positive or negative.

It's great to see the pieces are starting to fall in Chicago. Police Superintendent fired and States Attorney, Anita Alveraz, will be next. When this is all said and done I suspect Mayor Rahm will be under investigation.

It sure looks like a conspiracy to obstruct justice to me, and a lot of overt acts in furtherance of it.

It will be interesting to see how, or even if, it's prosecuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back