Walmart now carries Cooper and Mastercraft tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also have trailers tires. But I don't think they will install on the trailer-you would need just to bring the wheels in.

Well, that's good news as they installed my CS5 tires....so when they don't go the distance, they'll be authorized to rebate the difference on a new set...

This is great news. I've long believed that Cooper's biggest challenge is their relatively small distribution channel (compared to the "big three" of Bridgestone, Goodyear, and Michelin). The vehicle in our stable that'll next need tires takes a P235/65R17, and the Cooper CS3 at Walmart is $118 in that size...very nice...

I'd pass on the cs3 they are economy below average tires go straight for the CS5 on a double rebate if money is tight.

Originally Posted By: ronbo
You can buy any brand tire online from Walmart, delivered to store and installed if you want.

Walmart doesn't carry Yokohama.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I'd pass on the cs3 they are economy below average tires go straight for the CS5 on a double rebate if money is tight.

No CS5 on their website yet...at least not in my size (and I know they make the CS5 in my size). When we're ready for tires in another year, maybe they'll have a new CS6 out...

Tried to buy a set of tires from Walmart recently for my third car. Ouch. Not worth it. Paid $100 more to not have to deal with them.

Walmarts are like any other "franchise"....some better than others...suburban shops better than urban....it's all about customer expectations....found that to be the case with my recent Maaco paint job.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Walmarts are like any other "franchise"....some better than others...suburban shops better than urban....

Walmarts are not franchises. The company owns the stores.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Aren't Coopers more Chinese then domestic made which helps give a fine place in that store?

Cooper actually makes a lot of their tires in the U.S.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Walmarts are like any other "franchise"....some better than others...suburban shops better than urban....

Walmarts are not franchises. The company owns the stores.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Aren't Coopers more Chinese then domestic made which helps give a fine place in that store?

Cooper actually makes a lot of their tires in the U.S.

Sorry....Did not mean that WM was a franchise....only that local management (not ownership) differs from one location to any other...and that some are better than others.

I think that most of Cooper's tires are made state-side. I'm aware of some of their less mainstream tires (perhaps their super budget-minded ones or their private label ones) being made in China, but I think many of their mainstream Cooper branded tires are made in the US.

Around here, there are probably more places carrying Cooper tires than any other brand. I've always had good luck with their mid-tier or above. Their lower end tires are not good, in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back