Italian Made EAA Witness Compact 10mm Carry Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been around forever, but sometimes imported under different names. They are made by Tanfoglio of Italy. In the old days there were two frame sizes, a small (9mm, 40S&W, 41AE, 22lr) and a larger one for the the other chamberings. Now they went to all the large size so the same frame allows you to get 45acp, 9mm, 38 super, 10mm, 40 S&W, and 22lr last I checked.

That being said they have a bit of a mixed record for durability if you shoot full out 10mm loads through them.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Why have a copy, when you can go with the real deal?

As noted above, they're available in calibers that CZ doesn't offer.

EAA Witness is an importer. They dont actually make anything as far as I can tell. They import a lot of firearms from Turkey and Italy, and revolvers from Germany. Many of them are CZ75 clones.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
https://eaacorp.com/portfolio-item/witness-steel-compact/

https://eaacorp.com/portfolio-item/witness-polymer-p-compact/

You can even get the all steel one chambered for .38 Super if you're so inclined.

Obscure brand, but a cool little gun available in some kick [censored] calibers.

The very compact ones have a spring from a ball point pen, I shot my polymer one once and then unloaded the rest of the 10mm from it. The slide hit the frame hard enough for me to be worried. It needs about double the strength spring. I've seen a work around with Wolff springs, but it is not recommended by Wolff or the manufacturer. I haven't got around to trying it out for myself.

I have the all steel "hunter" version that has a 6" barrel and is a tack-driver after I re-worked a lot of it. The guide rod fell out of the front, so I had to weld it. The mag release had a crummy burr on it that caused it to dent and damage mags, and they would hang up a couple of millimeters from fully seated. It also has a heavy (Wolff) spring in it to allow me to shoot "real" 10mm out of it. I'm not sure I'd buy it again.

I have a full size all-steel one that runs right and is an omnivore for ammo. It is a "standard" version, nothing special.

For the record, my G20 needed nothing. I just feed it quality ammo and go.
I would think twice about the compact Tanfoglio ones versus a G29. You pay less, but have to tinker with it for a while to make it run right before you trust it. The G29, you just load and go.

I have a full size polymer 9mm that runs great. It seems in the plain Jane guise, they work well, but spitting out hot 10mm seems like a challenge.

Just my 2 cents. Your mileage may vary.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Is this a CZ knock-off?

Kind of. I have some Sarsilmaz (sp?) that are a knock off of the Tangfolio (again, sp?).

The Sarsilmaz are nice little guns, actually. They don't give up much to the CZ's ( of which I have several ).

Originally Posted By: billt460
Is this a CZ knock-off?

More or less. Why have a copy, when you can go with the real deal?

Unless you can get a Swiss made Sphinx. Which is a HIGH DOLLAR knockoff.

May be a great firearm. But I would never buy one for carry. Reputation not withstanding.

By every indication its a great gun though.

Originally Posted By: Win
Is this a CZ knock-off?

Kind of. I have some Sarsilmaz (sp?) that are a knock off of the Tangfolio (again, sp?).

The Sarsilmaz are nice little guns, actually. They don't give up much to the CZ's ( of which I have several ).

I have a SarK2P...very well made. I would recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back