Major W10 patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the ones I was trying to use was the built-in Microsoft PDF writer. Im not sure I can just uninstall that module alone. Ill look into it eventually.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: Eddie
I saw a news article on a new major W10 patch/update coming. Is there any other information available? My W10 is running stable and reliably and I'm of the mind- set that if it works well, don't fix it. Ed Hayes

You don't have a choice, as W10 updates automatically. It's one of the only things that made me hesitant to upgrade from W7. So far, no issues what so ever.

Not true, I have automatic updates disabled, and was prompted by this thread to check my version and manually update. Now I will go to bed and hope the process/my PC doesn't burn the house down.down

BTW you can hit WIN+R and tipe in winver to see your version. The previously posted process didn't work for me.

Originally Posted By: asand1
I saw a news article on a new major W10 patch/update coming. Is there any other information available? My W10 is running stable and reliably and I'm of the mind- set that if it works well, don't fix it. Ed Hayes

You don't have a choice, as W10 updates automatically. It's one of the only things that made me hesitant to upgrade from W7. So far, no issues what so ever.

Not true, I have automatic updates disabled, and was prompted by this thread to check my version and manually update. Now I will go to bed and hope the process/my PC doesn't burn the house down.down

BTW you can hit WIN+R and tipe in winver to see your version. The previously posted process didn't work for me.

There are work-arounds, but the updates for Windows 10 are automatic, unlike Windows, which will alert me to the fact that there are updates, and then let me choose each or all of them to download and install.

I'd love to be wrong in this, so please share with us how, if you know a method for selecting our own updates or none at all.

There are work-arounds, but the updates for Windows 10 are automatic, unlike Windows 7, which will alert me to the fact that there are updates, and then let me choose each or all of them to download and install.

I'd love to be wrong in this, so please share with us how, if you know a method for selecting our own updates or none at all.

Fixed my typo.

There are work-arounds, but the updates for Windows 10 are automatic, unlike Windows, which will alert me to the fact that there are updates, and then let me choose each or all of them to download and install.

You are partially correct,

Windows 10 Home Version has automatic updates, you have no option to turn off automatic updates, period, none.

However, Windows 10 Professional does give you a option to turn off automatic updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back