Curious if They Are Changing The Motorcraft Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Purolater is changing their look of their filters im curious if they are changing the Motorcraft also.. Im also curious if their prices are going to be going up because if they do most will not buy them the reason why the classic sold so well is it was $3.27 in wal mart... Most Shops pay under $2.00 for oil filters..

Doubt the Motorcraft will change design since they are built to Motorcraft's specifications. Time will tell.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
FL-1As

I've said this so many times! And when I say it, non-BITOGers look at me funny. Note to self: don't talk about ADBVs to "normal people".

Apparently the FRPP FL-1A has a silicone ADBV and synthetic media.

I don't worry much about it. I use the FL1A and Wix 51515 pretty much interchangeably. You'd be grateful for the FL1A back in the days of the CFL1.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Originally Posted By: qdeezie
FL-1As

I've said this so many times! And when I say it, non-BITOGers look at me funny. Note to self: don't talk about ADBVs to "normal people".

Apparently the FRPP FL-1A has a silicone ADBV and synthetic media.
You don't need a ADBV if the filter sets vertical on the engine.

Changing the FL1A on my Explorer is always a bit messy I cant spin it off fast enough to keep the oil from spilling .

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Doubt the Motorcraft will change design since they are built to Motorcraft's specifications.

Agreed. The Motorcraft filters, while made by Puro, are not the same as Puro filters, and are made to specs provided by MC. I doubt that they will be changing any time soon.

The MC filter showed the exact same tear phenomena as the other Puro filters in at least one example. Not sure why much less tears were observed but for those who think it is something completely different than Puro should think again. Still made by the company that the name Tearolator was well deserved term.

Last edited:
I know who makes that filter i hope they dont ruin it with those super small oil holes they have in the new red classic filter.. Im wondering if the media is the same stuff that tears and they just slowed down the oil flow...lol... Who knows as long as the ultra and WIX dont go with those tiny oil holes im ok with iot because i washed my hands with purolater..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back