A 1/2 impact that won't break the bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1150 get daily abuse whether it needs it or not and keeps coming back for over 2 years. I don't treat it kindly, more like a red headed stepchild.
The IR 2135 TiMax rattled the forward/Reverse buttons out and lost all power, they fixed it but a year later it was in bits again. Worst gun i ever owned.

Two guys I worked with bought them had failures and traded them in for Snap On after being repaired. Our Snap On guy actually quit carrying them because of the amount he was sending back for repairs. So apparently we were not the only shop experiencing this.

If anyone is in the market for the Aircat 1150 Tyler tool and CPO outlets have it on sale for $149.99 shipped free. If you pay with Paypal credit you get 6 months to pay with no interest. I ordered one last night.

Buy the 1150 you wont regret it. There are a lot of IR, CP, Snap-On snobs that have sour grapes over a gun costing much less and blowing theirs away. This is a good gun that will last and do what you need.
I own IR TiMax and it doesn't compare. This is the older 1000TH which is not as strong as the 1150. IR claims the titanium makes it more durable but it didn't help the forward/reverse buttons rattling out and motor blades failing.

The HF unit does seem like a good bang for the buck.

If buying an air gun means working and eating or just working, I would get the HF.

If you can spend twice as much (+/-), then I would go with what Trav is recommending. The warranty and repair parts make it worth it in the long run.

I own the harbor freight 1/2 earthquake and I bought it when it was on sale for $70 something and used a 20% off coupon so it came to like $63. I have used it to remove many large rusted nuts and bolts along with a Honda crankshaft pulley bolt. It's great for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back