Valvoline SynPower Full Synthetic in Ford Coyote

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
I see that Valvoline SynPower Full Synthetic meets the Ford 5.0L Coyote oil specifications.

Anyone one here use it? And if so, did you notice anything different good or bad compared to other oils you might have used (ie, more oil use, more engine noise, etc).

I use it in both of mine. Seems to keep the engine really clean. It also keeps things quiet. I won't use anything else.

FWIW, I also used it in my '04 GT 4.6L PI 2V. The 4.6Ls really seem to like it.

Sorry I can't be more help on a 5.0L...

SynPower is a good, solid synthetic oil from what I can see. I dumped factory fill in the 2015 6.2L & replaced it with SynPower, that's my only experience with it. Nothing out of the ordinary, I would use it again.

Originally Posted By: Branson304
SynPower is a good, solid synthetic oil from what I can see. I dumped factory fill in the 2015 6.2L & replaced it with SynPower, that's my only experience with it. Nothing out of the ordinary, I would use it again.

I agree.

The only drawback with Synpower is supposedly it's not an extended OCI synthetic (this is from my memory of UOAs on this site).

Zee - keep in mind this ^^^link was using a TearOne... Further proof it's great oil
crackmeup2.gif

Seriously though, use with confidence.

Based on what I've read and the UOA's i've seen on the Ford 5.0L Coyote in both the Mustang and the F150 the engine is not particularly hard on oil.

Factory Fill from Ford is their MC Semi-Syn 5W20. IMO any good brand name synthetic oil meeting the Ford spec will most likely do the job and probably excel.

I personally like Pennzoil and have been using PP in my F150 5.0L.

Good to hear Valvoline is working for your engine.

Same here in a 2L Mitsubishi.
However Valvoline here got expensive and I moved away from it.
Not worth the premium to me.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I found the 0w20 superior, smoother running to the 5wXX in light/standard duty engines (Subaru/Honda)

Valvoline makes every engine I've used it in run smooth as silk. One of the best in my experience.

Guys - thanks for your comments. I want to start using a full synthetic in the Coyote that meets the Ford spec come the 2nd oil change on the new engine (at ~5K to 7K miles). At this point was considering Mobil 1 or Valvoline.

Looks like Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra Platinum meets the Ford spec also, so might have a 3rd option.

Of those 3, which one do you think would be the best regardless of price?

One thing I'm looking for is an oil that will maybe quiet down the engine noise a little bit if possible.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Out of your three choices, based on my experience using all three, I'd go with Pennzoil Platinum.

Is the Platinum Ultra overkill vs just the Platinum (one notch down from the Ultra)?

You going to do standard drain intervals? Platinum is more then fine. Or you going to be racing it? Want to do extended drain intervals? Ultra would help there

Originally Posted By: _MAXIMUS_
You going to do standard drain intervals? Platinum is more then fine. Or you going to be racing it? Want to do extended drain intervals? Ultra would help there

Just regular drain intervals, and no track time ... just spirited street driving.

I just changed mine to pup can't tell a whole lot of difference from the rp that use to be in there nothin spectacular so far but I'll wait till I get a uoa to be the judge but it is pretty quiet I'll be going to valvoline next pup is a little more expensive so I'll probably stick with valvoline if it does well

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: Branson304

I agree.

The only drawback with Synpower is supposedly it's not an extended OCI synthetic (this is from my memory of UOAs on this site).

I think SynPower is a 10,000 mile oil from UOAs I've seen. Of course that will be shorter depending on conditions. In this Ford I'm changing synthetic every 5,000 because this truck tows 97% of the time in mountains, that's what I'll do with any synthetic I use in it whether it's SynPower, Mobil 1, Pennz. Platinum, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back