Purolator PL14610 Clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering who makes a clone of the PL14610 filter from Purolator? I have been following them the last couple of months and I can't seem to get them below 6.50. My best option right now is Amazon at 6.50 w/ an additional 10% off but would like to do better if possible.

So, who make an equivalent clone of the PL 14610 filter? Is a Bosch 3323 considered a clone or a lower end like the L series?

Input Appreciated.

The black can Bosch Premium filter is generally accepted to have PureONE filtering media, but a rubber o-ring and no grippy paint.

Considering the recent media tearing issues, I would not go out of my way to find either if you can get something else like a Fram Tough Guard cheap and easy. And I like Purolators.

i would stay away from anything purolater even the new stuff...From what i can see the oil holes are super small in the new redesigned filters

The 14610 is one of the worst offenders when it comes to tearing. I would advise against using them until at least the red cans are on store shelves.

I guess my original question may have been too vague. I am looking to see who makes a 'clone' or better for the PL14610. I have used the cross reference sites but they list based on fit and pressure, not on quality.

My current change interval is as follows: Run new oil/filter for 5k, change filter and top off 1/2 qt and run for another 5k (10k total on oil and 5k on filter). Change completely. I am running reports thru WIX to hopefully extend it to another 5k which will give me 15k on oil and 5k on each filter.

How do you search rockauto for equlivant filters? I can see what works for my vehicle but the 'private label' doesn't show but when I search the WIX VPN, it shows....

Originally Posted By: dubie2003

My current change interval is as follows: Run new oil/filter for 5k, change filter and top off 1/2 qt and run for another 5k (10k total on oil and 5k on filter). Change completely. I am running reports thru WIX to hopefully extend it to another 5k which will give me 15k on oil and 5k on each filter.

Here's a better plan. Use an Ultra XG7317 (replaces the PL14610), and run both oil and filter for 10K miles.

And if you reports look good, go even on step further to running both out to 15K. The Ultra is rated for 15K, and lots of guys here use it to that extent in a clean engine. If you have confidence (and test data) that your oil will go 15K because your engine is in good shape, then the Utlra should be able to do 15K along with it.

Bullwinkle,

Thank you for the lead to the 'private label' WIX filters. I never knew these were available but luck has it, they are and now I have a dozen arriving next week so I will be good for a while.

Everyone,

Thank you for your responses. One of the key reasons why I do the 5k interval is to ensure that I force myself to check over my truck. Its a lot easier to tell the wife I need 1.5hrs to do an oil change compared to 1.5hrs to 'check out the truck'.

I'll let everyone know what the 'private label' turns out to be.

Originally Posted By: dubie2003
Thank you for your responses. One of the key reasons why I do the 5k interval is to ensure that I force myself to check over my truck. Its a lot easier to tell the wife I need 1.5hrs to do an oil change compared to 1.5hrs to 'check out the truck'

I hear you there, brother. 5k is also a good interval for rotating tires. 7500 miles is probably OK too, but 10-15k is right out! It's a lot easier to remember to do both as well as any other necessary checks in one shot while you have the vehicle lifted.

Just circling back around on this. The filters arrived in great shape 3 days earlier then estimated. They are CarQuest White cans (R85356, B4620). That's about all that I know about them, lol. I'll run them and may cut a few open to see how they are performing. One thing that is different then what I am used to is that the ADBV appears to be in threaded side due to the visible spring. Just an observation.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back