Samsung gas range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cooking a day-after Thanksgiving dinner for my parents and their friends and their 12-year old Kenmore gas range filled the kitchen with smoke - and we saw the removable oven floor as well as the sheet metal between the oven and warming drawer compartments were rusted out. Luckily, the main course was fried.

I know it would be an easy fix to replace the floor and partition, but my parents decided to upgrade - Costco had the Whirlpool version of the Maytag Gemini which was actually reasonably priced but didn't have convection. We settled on a Samsung single-oven convection model, and the reviews seem to be positive for the most part. What do people here think of anything not made in the US by GE/Electrolux/Whirlpool? I looked at the Samsung and GE in person and it was night and day.

We've got a Samsung fridge. I was a little hesitant, but its been very good. I think Samsung and LG are both pretty much on a par with the higher-end American brands. I still wouldn't buy anything but a Kitchen-Aid dishwasher, but even there LG (not so much Samsung) is closing the gap.

They're going to need to change their cooking so the floor of their gas ovens don't rust out in 12 years. Perhaps changing their cleaning routine?

Originally Posted By: spackard
They're going to need to change their cooking so the floor of their gas ovens don't rust out in 12 years. Perhaps changing their cleaning routine?

I warned my parents NO EASY-OFF whatsoever with this one. They've learned their lesson.

Which reminds me, I need to clean the oven at my apartment - but it's an basic Amana builder-grade one. I can use all the Easy-Off I want.
smile.gif

My (mostly retired) company has built hundreds of custom homes...We have installed just about every brand..mostly upper end units. Samsung has gone in a few with no problems..which for a few years old shouldn't be problems anyway. I have LG in my current home...with zero problems.

The only negative I have heard on Samsung and LG is from my appliance repair company...claiming parts availability delays and sometimes higher prices..although it could just be a bias against "newer" appliance companies.

New home I will make an effort to buy American (as much as there is now days).

The only issue I've heard of with LG and Samsung is parts availability. It can be an issue when you live in a rural area.

The people I know with LG and Samsung don't have any reliability issues and like their appliances.

I bought a Samsung gas range a month ago for our new house. I talked to the appliance employees at the Home Depot by our old house, and the HD employees by our new house and they all said Samsung was currently the brand to get for ranges.

I have to say it is a really nice unit. The oven bakes cakes and pies wonderfully, and gets up to operating temperatures quickly. The stove top burners are awesome. It feels like a professional cooking unit.

It's my first Samsung kitchen appliance, so time will tell about long term quality. But, first impressions are very positive in all its feel and functions. (Bought the matching over the range microwave unit as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back