Power Window Reg??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced my driver's regulator assy at about 90K miles. At 110K it is out again. The replacement was Acura OEM so I expected better. After much research I find that OEM looks identical to Dorman product and is passed off by Acura as OEM.

Is there an after market company that makes a good or superior product? My least favorite job is window regulators which rarely fit as a bolt in and require modifications to make them work correctly.

Thanks in advance for your inputs to this problem.

Smoky

I just used the cheapest no name brand ones I could get off eBay and mine have worked fine - for years. Normally I wouldn't recommend doing this for car parts, but it's just a power window.

I'm a JEEP guy with 3 currently and half a dozen in the past....

that said when you see the phrase:
" It's a JEEP thing you would not understand "

thats means you dont understand RUST ! or what 300k mi LOL !!! I always add fan control relay's and WINDOW REGULATORS to that joke.

I am certain I have replaced 50 ! Among all my JEEPS, I am not sure what your buying that requires modification but that does not seem right. I have never had to modify anything and they have always been simple to replace, along with that I always bought the cheapest (or next to) that I could find on EBAY and never an issue. As a rule of thumb I also do NOT buy the cheapest part when fixing something but after my first OE one failed in 2 years, I started going with the cheap ones and have not had a failure since (knock on wood).

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
I replaced my driver's regulator assy at about 90K miles. At 110K it is out again. The replacement was Acura OEM so I expected better. After much research I find that OEM looks identical to Dorman product and is passed off by Acura as OEM.

Is there an after market company that makes a good or superior product? My least favorite job is window regulators which rarely fit as a bolt in and require modifications to make them work correctly.

Thanks in advance for your inputs to this problem.

Smoky

There is something rotten there! I know of no Honda/Acura dealer selling Dorman parts as OE, none. If that's the case report them to Honda corporate because its blatant fraud.
If you are buying supposed OE Honda on ebay and its not a licensed dealer you got screwed.Use on from a real online dealer and it will last as long as the original if installed and lubed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back